The problem with traveling and experiencing incredible new things each day is that coming back to reality sucks. It’s been a few weeks since Panama and Costa Rica, and plenty of exciting things have happened — but nothing quite as exhilarating as exploring new territory. Lucky for me, I’ve got these to keep my mind occupied elsewhere:
- “Workaholics”: I’m late to the game on this one, but I’ve just started watching this season and am in love. Ders, Blake and my fave — Adam — give Peter, Michael and Samir a run for their money.
- Halls Causamento Contest: Entering a Facebook contest to marry a complete stranger in Vegas sounds like my kinda party. Those wacky Brazilians sure know how to make a statement!
- The Real Way People Clean Their Homes: I’m not the tidiest person around, but this comic makes me feel as close to normal as possible. The bedroom example = story of my life.
- “Ted”: Put the creator of “Family Guy” as an animated teddy bear living together with Marky Mark and Mila Kunis, and what do you get? This summer’s funniest comedy … calling it now. Watch the restricted trailer, but make sure you’ve got headphones.
Till next time, my friends.
You know those days when you just need a good pick-me-up and for everyone else to leave their drama at the door? You may know them as Mondays — and today was no exception.
Enter the following picture, which has kept me smiling since first laying eyes upon it:
I kept it up in my browser all day. Every annoying interaction, every clench of my fists, every roll of my eyes … all deftly swept away after clicking back to this.
Pictures are worth a thousand words and all that, but I’ll stop at a hundo. Is your life changed? Boo-yah!
What day is it? Where am I? Sleep-deprived zombiehood has its benefits … I’m currently impervious to pain and devoid of rational thought. There’s hope for me, yet — these things may be enough to resurrect me.
- Kristen’s Brain Tumor Battle: This young nurse, wife and mother of two was diagnosed with a brain tumor during her last pregnancy, so I jumped at the chance to support in her fight. You can help too!
- Pug Alphabet: Thank you, Bah Humpug, for creating what this world was missing: an assortment of letters, formed by roly-poly pug babies! Changed my life, plain and simple.
- Busty Girl Problems: There’s a certain responsibility that comes with being well-endowed in the chest department — just ask Joan Harris. This list covers the “woe is me” we busty girls face.
- “New Soul” by Yael Naim: I first heard it sampled in Girl Talk’s “No Pause,“ and I kept smiling through those few seconds every time. The entire song is all warm and fuzzy goodness.
Some laughs and a few tears later, I might just return to normal. Well, what my version of normal is, anyway. And if these don’t do the trick, then 2-for-1 drinks absolutely will. Salud!
Poor video quality, but a perfect song