I’m not quite sure how it’s already Wednesday again or how I got here, but one thing I’m sure of is how much I can’t wait for a lady date tonight at my favorite Italian place, Bella’s. Oh, and I’m sure I really love these four finds:
- CinéBistro: I’ve experienced two movies at this ultra-plush and cool theatre experience. It’s a little bit pricey, but totally worth it to be among a 21+ crowd and in roomy chairs.
- Shellacked Nails: A little late to the game here, but I had my first shellac manicure this past weekend and am in L-O-V-E. Again, a bit more expensive — but it lasts longer and looks phenomenal.
- 7-Eleven: Who can resist a free Slurpee? Let’s give a cheer for this annual event that excites everyone about stained tongues and sugar rushes. Yum!
- Of Monsters and Men – “Little Talks”: This six-piece Icelandic indie band has stolen my heart with their first U.S. single. Reminds me a lot of Edward Sharpe … and we all know how I feel about him.
Though the truth may vary, the ship will carry our bodies safe to shore.
Hope my fellow Floridians are staying dry (and cool). Off to drown myself in vino and Pollo Milano.
Now that our blood-sugar levels have reached extraordinary highs and those gorgeous bouquets are starting to look sad, it’s time for your weekly dose of random.
- These Shoes: My monthly picks from Shoedazzle are usually pretty cute, but this month’s Mulberry wedges just begged to be bought. Took them for a test run today, and they’re simply perfect.
- Advocating for USF: The Florida Senate has proposed cutting $128 million (or 60%) from my Alma Mater’s budget, and — whether it were USF or any other institution of higher learning — I find it appalling. Take action here.
- “Humpty Dance”: I wake up with a song in my head each day, so it’s no surprise that this was today’s. It’s been playing on constant loop, just rolling around the ol’ noggin … why not celebrate it?
- The Cast of “Greek”: The show ended last year, but its cast is doing well — Evan Chambers stars in “Are You There, Chelsea?,” Katherine is part of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros,* and Beaver was on “Glee” and Dale on “New Girl” this week! Just makes me wonder what Cappie and Casey are up to?
Hope you’re all surviving the VD Day hangover and haven’t succumbed to a chocolate-covered coma.
The extra sound effects absolutely make this song.
*Special thanks to my good friend, April, who pointed out this fun fact!
Plain and simple, I’ve fallen in love with Alex Ebert, frontman for Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. His past is storied, but whose isn’t? The voice makes up for the beard, and I can’t seem to get enough of these songs.
“Home” is easily their best-known hit, and it’s been stuck on loop in my pretty little head for days. You may recognize it from various commercials, including this adorable contest-winning tot from a Hyundai spot.
Laugh until we think we’ll die …
I could gush about this song for days, so I’ll just stop myself there and save you all. Oh, except check out this awesome doormat for just $40! OK, that’s all.
Never could be sweeter than with you
Other favorite songs include:
- “Janglin” – Also featured in many commercials and on “Gossip Girl” (so scandalous).
- “Carries On” – This one is perfect right before bedtime … ahhh.
- “Truth” – Do you have the beat on loop in your head yet? No? Listen one more time.
- “40 Day Dream” – Eerie lyrics over an upbeat tune = perfection.
The band is currently recording their next album, so no new tour dates have been announced. Keep your eyes peeled for updates, though.
You’re welcome for putting at least two tracks into your mental jukebox.
Seriously, I can live with the beard.