My day began with a fender bender and is ending with a Franny pack. Thankfully, Jimmy is a beast and took the hit like a champ — wish I could say the same for my spine, but it could have been much worse. Along with boxed wine, here are my current saviors:
- 30 Unhappiest etsy Pug Models: I have no shortage of love when it comes to pugs, and these unhappy craft-bearing pups are no exception. Pickles really steals the show here.
- Yogurtology: Froyo is a must for most occasions, and a crappy way to start the day just adds sprinkles to this statement. If Heaven were a place on Earth, Belinda Carlisle, this would be it.
- “Bossy” – Kelis f. Too $hort: Old song, new love. I never fully appreciated this beat when it came out years ago, but hearing it resurface on my playlist today kept me going full-force. Word.
- Printstagram: For all my fellow Instagram addicts, this service is a must. Miniprints, T-shirts and more await your uploads. Plus … who doesn’t love a good pun?
That’s all for me, kids. An ice pack and cardboard box of White Zin are calling my name.
I’ve been told no less than 10 times already this week that I look tired. Thanks, “friends.” Combine that with the fact that I ate chocolate cake for breakfast and am quickly finding the five pounds I lost last week? Killing it.
- Calming Manatee: What goes great with chocolate cake at 9 a.m.? A manatee to make you feel better about yourself. Co-worker and travel compadre, Kaley, introduced me to it and I can’t stop summoning.
- Instagram: I kind of cheated with this one, but I did just get an account and have since enjoyed the app. Besides, I make my own rules.
- Second Lunch: This comic-based blog just gets me. From roommate issues to engagement overload, it’s all covered — here and here, respectively — and it’s all so good.
- “Block after Block” – Matt & Kim: No matter the day I’ve had or how little sleep I’ve gotten, this song always makes me smile. It’s perfect for blowing off steam (do you see what I did there?).
Hey, look at that — one step closer to sleep and ridding myself of this exhausted expression.
I first heard about Instagram in late 2010 and swore I’d never use it. The photo filters seemed so unnecessary, and the few people I knew on it then were completely pretentious about their photo “skills.”
I gave in a few nights ago, thanks in large part to the insistence of my travel companions. I’ve changed my tune a bit and find it much easier to use than other social-media sites.
Documenting the trip will still take forever, but now I can share quick hits prior to my 400+ photo upload:
[Day 1] Taxi ride in downtown Panama City — Revolution Tower
[Day 2] Downtown PC, before the Canal and riding bikes down Amador Causeway
[Day 3] Water taxi dock in Bocas del Toro to Red Frog Beach
[Day 4] Hammock nap on Starfish Beach
[Day 5] Crossing the border into Costa Rica
[Day 6] Our own private spot at Punto Uva Beach, Costa Rica
[Day 7] Driving through the mountains to Boquete, Panama
[Day 8]Hiking through Landau Waterfalls in Boquete
[Day 9] Caldera Hot Springs in Boquete
[Day 10] Baha’i House of Worship in Panama City
Find Wittyburg on Instagram to see more — sometimes giving in can be a good thing.