30 Days of Thanks (The Finale)
Thanksgiving Day has come and gone — hopefully your holiday was spent with good food and even better people. Here’s the conclusion of the 30 Days of Thanks series:
- 22. A functional car, as Jimmy has been pushed to his breaking point and I’m rocking Magz’ sweet hatchback Focus while he gets fixed.
- 23. Supermarkets, which accommodated many last-minute stops and continue to provide a platform for charitable donations throughout the season.
- 24. Weekends, for reminding us to take a step back and breathe. Sleeping in doesn’t hurt, either :).
- 25. Laughter, because it makes my world go ‘round. I have a loud, unapologetic laugh, and I adore anyone and anything that brings it out.
- 26. Sportsmanship, which I relied upon after losing nearly every board and card game played this weekend.
- 27. You, for inspiring me to keep going (even when writer’s block sets in). I appreciate each and every person reading this for their support of this creative outlet.
- 28, 29 & 30. Faith, hope and love — the greatest of which is love. I can’t imagine what the world would be like without the simplest gestures of compassion and care.
It’s absolutely a goal of mine in this next year to remember more things like these 30, rather than the things that get me down. Look around — you may be surprised how many blessings surround your life.