Whether you’re new ‘round these parts or have been a devoted follower since the beginning, you’re likely aware that 2011 has had its fair share of ups and downs. And while I normally avoid looking to the past too much, it’s only appropro that I recount this year’s memorable moments.
- Reminded myself why I’m not a construction worker.
- Switched to full-time salary at work, meaning I get health insurance and benefits!
- Celebrated VD Day with a close friend, pizza and wine … lots of wine.
- Had Jimmy fixed three times in one week, marking the beginning of a year full of repairs.
- Celebrated Slick Rick’s birthday with a spring training game for the Yankees.
- Crumpled my March Madness bracket by round 2 and lost my marbles.
- Brother proposed to Almost Sister, and they set a date for November 2012!
- Continued my clumsy ways in the world, and surprisingly, did not end up in the hospital.
- Drove back to the Dirty for some pinochle and family time over Easter weekend.
- Watched my cousin, Shannon, graduate from Stetson University — way to go, cuz!
- Dropped more moolah on repairs for Jimmy.
- Toasted Memorial Day with a salute to summer.
- Laid our beloved dog, Sandy, to rest.
- Began early-morning workouts and continued my reign of clumsiness.
- Celebrated my birthday, developed deeper road rage and used glitter to keep myself sane.
- Introduced Weekly Obsessions and Witty in Fitty to keep things phresh to def.
- Commemorated the 16th anniversary of my dad’s stroke.
- Traveled to San Francisco for the first time and absolutely fell in love.
- Traveled to Chicago for the first time and cheated a little bit on San Fran.
- Was a bridesmaid for good friends in a beautiful wedding overlooking the beach.
- Remembered the lives lost in our nation’s biggest tragedy.
- Cheered Brother on in his 300th beer at The Brass Tap, and celebrated his birthday in style.
- Cruised to the Bahamas, and had a belated birthday celebration for Magz.
- More repairs for Jimmy ensued.
- Became completely enthralled by Zooey Deschanel.
- Found Pinterest, and life ended as I know it.
- Disguised myself as your favorite local insurance agent for Halloweenie.
- Gave thanks over 30 days, reminding myself of all that I’m blessed to have in my life.
- Attended back-to-back weddings and celebrated the love these couples share.
- Jimmy returned to the shop, and he made his first trip to a body shop.
- Wrote a very detailed letter to Santa and decked my halls.
- Was selected Rookie of the Year for my company — fantastic surprise.
- Rediscovered my love for all things ballet.
- Concluded my all-star reputation with the auto shop … and more repairs for Jimmy.
If you’re still with me, then you can see that this year was nothing short of a roller coaster. I’m hopeful for what 2012 will bring, and I’ve got a few resolutions up my sleeve to make it a better year than this one.
Many thanks to all who read and comment and share — you are my everything.
Till next year … Cheers!