Valentine’s Treats for Your Sweet
Two posts in one day, can you believe it? I’m such a giver; I know. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here’s a super simple and delicious recipe for Red Velvet Cookies — yes, you read that correctly: Red. Velvet. Cookies.
In less than 30 minutes, you can make a batch of these for your Valentine (even if your Valentine is Jim Beam — only God can judge me).
Red Velvet Cookies
Original recipe at Duncan Hines
MAKES: 24–30 cookies
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 piping bag or gallon-size resealable plastic bag
- Colored sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine one (1) box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix, two (2) eggs and one-third (1/3) cup vegetable oil using a hand blender or wire whisk.
- Form teaspoon-size balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or baking pan about one inch (1″) apart. Slightly pat down the top of each ball.
- Cook for 8–10 minutes (the top of the cookie will crack).
- While cookies cool (about 10 minutes), prepare a piping bag* with frosting.
- Pipe swirls of frosting onto cooled cookies. Top with sprinkles (as desired), and store in an airtight container.
Soldiers lined up for battle.
Baked and almost ready for mah belly.
- Don’t purchase what the cake mix calls for on its box — you only need the above ingredients. Using less oil and mixing without water gives it a cookie-dough texture.
- *You can make your own piping bag using a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Turn bag inside out, and form it over your hand. Scoop frosting by the handful and seal bag. Snip a small opening off the corner for piping.
Lefties are all right!
These are guaranteed to be a new favorite treat for Jim (or Jack or Johnnie or Jose).
BOOM. Baking, son.
Tags: baking, cream cheese frosting, duncan hines cake mix, pillsbury frosting, recipes for valentine's day, red velvet, red velvet cookies, valentine's day, valentine's day gift ideas, valentine's day recipes, valentines day 2012, wittyburg
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
Look Back at It
- The third week of 2019 taught me long, rainy weekends are best spent reading & relaxing with JOMO (joy of missing out) 💆🏼♀️ 1 day ago
- Heard great things about @wecomefromaway at @shnsf. Fingers crossed for rush 🎟 on @TodayTix! go.todaytix.com/ComeFromAwaySF… #ComeFromAway 2 days ago
- Super productive workweek + volunteer work with @alphaomicronpi #SF area alumnae & @JuniorLeagueSF 🙌🏼 Feeling good about 2019 ✨ 3 days ago