WO: Weekly Obsessions
I’m fighting off a fierce cold before visiting good friends in Memphis this weekend. Nobody likes a Mr. Sniffles — so besides NyQuil, here are this week’s faves:
- “The Shawshank Redemption”: A movie worthy of its own post, Shawshank was on the other night and had me in love all over again. “Get busy livin’ or get busy dyin” = pure magic.
- “Somebody That I Used to Know”: It’s been stuck in my head for weeks now — I keep hearing it in commercials and promos, so I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Gotye and Kimbra are my new BFFs.
- High Hopes in High Heels: This incredible women’s group will soon kick off another fabulous year. I hope all my Tampa lady friends can make it Thursday, April 5 — Centre Club at 6 p.m.!
- Another Adage: “Speaking with quiet confidence will always beat screaming with obvious insecurity.” It puts me at peace as I struggle through some personal issues.
Can you blame me for including Morgan Freeman twice? He’s a boss.
The video is pretty sick — let’s be real here.
Tags: get busy living or get busy dying, gotye and kimbra, high hopes in high heels, like a boss, morgan freeman, obsessed, quotes, somebody that i used to know, speaking with quiet confidence, the shawshank redemption, weekly obsessions, wittyburg
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- Still thinking about the teen girl who said “I like your jacket” yesterday. Was she serious? Mocking me? I wasn’t w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @GooglePlay: To celebrate her debut novel, everyman, author @MShellyConner curated a playlist of influences. For striking portraits of b… 3 weeks ago
- Get yourself a man who surprises you. Like mine, who instead of a kissy audio message as per usual, sent me his cat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago