I’m generally not one to brag, but I have to say: My weekend was just plain awesome. It feels like I’m hitting my stride in my new city, and I couldn’t be happier with the experiences and memories I’m gaining.
- All You Can Eat Sushi + Sake @ Chinatown East – sushi was delicious, but the unlimited sake bombs reeeally got the night going
- One and One – a new favorite spot, it’s chill upstairs and a thumping club downstairs
- Dancing at Pianos – worth the $5 cover to go upstairs for better music and quicker service
- We hit another bar after that, but I don’t remember the name (sign of a good time)
Saturday: Low-Key Lounging
- Slept in for the first time in weeks and accomplished nothing – oddly OK with this
- Wharf in Murray Hill – visited our friend who works there for pre-gaming
- Brooklyn house party – celebrated friends who graduated from hair school, law school, design school and another who passed the NY State Bar
Sunday: Fun-Filled Finale
- Boozy brunch at The Guilty Goose in Chelsea – very strong mimosas alongside eggs benedict with a jalapeño hollandaise
- Stopped in to see Heroes & Villains at FIT – fascinating facts featured in fun and interesting exhibits
- Made our way home to watch SNL – Kristen Wiig’s return to the stage at 30 Rock did not disappoint
- Phone date with Magz – because she should be celebrated every day for what she put up with from us
Though it went by way too quickly, I had an absolute blast throughout this weekend. I can’t wait to enjoy more of this improved weather and share my finds with you guys. Cheers!
Sounds like fun! My weekend wasn’t too shabby either.
Glad to hear it! I just love that there’s always so much to do in NYC — same goes for Chicago. It’s never boring!