It appears I’ve fallen even deeper in love with New York than I’d realized. Ain’t that the way it goes? I sure hope my main squeeze will continue to love me back.
This sums it up pretty well.
Summer Fridays Begin!
- Celebrated with a LOT of rounds at 169 Bar – the $3 popcorn snack is kind of a rip-off, but it’ll do when you’re drinking bourbon lemonades for eight hours
- Walked to Fontana’s – ordered pizza while attempting to watch the Pacers-Heat game … everyone expects the Floridian to root for LeBron, but I was too busy checking out Dwyane Wade
Seen it with my own eyes.
Saturday Soccer … at a Baseball Stadium
- Scored free tickets to see Manchester City vs. Chelsea at Yankee Stadium
- Walked over to The Dugout while the crowds cleared out
- Took our large and in charge group to Swig in the Upper East Side – new favorite for the Irish staff
- Hit Wharf in Murray Hill again, because we love our friend who works there
- Ended the night at Company, a bar I don’t generally enjoy but put up with anyway
When Brunch Becomes Last Call
- Boozy brunch at The Sunburnt Cow – one of NYC’s Top 10 according to the Google, but service could have used some help. Food was pretty good, but “bottomless” is relative to waiting 40 minutes for a refill #firstworldproblems
- Visited our other friend for the end of her shift at The Flying Puck
- Walked about 40 blocks to East Village superstar Off the Wagon
- Hit Fiddlesticks for another round of shots
- Pizza pit stop for our friend – no need for me to eat when I had two eggs six hours prior
- Managed to get over to Good Company in Billyburg at 9 p.m. and stayed till last call
You really can’t complain with a view like that.
- Finally, the sun showed up! So we laid out at Central Park, in a spot called Sheep’s Meadow (not “Sheet Meadow” like I thought I overheard)
- Out to Bushwick for our friends’ BBQ
… And I lived through all of that to tell the tale! What are the best summertime spots in your city?
Tags: 169 bar, barbecue, bbq, best boozy brunches in nyc, best nyc bars, brooklyn, central park, chelsea, company, dugout, fiddlesticks, fontana's, good company, manchester city, memorial day weekend, off the wagon, pizza, sheep meadow, soccer, swig, the flying puck, the sunburnt cow, weekend recap, weekends, wharf, wittyburg, yankee stadium
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- We're back on track with four fun finds! youtube.com/watch?feature=… wittyburg.com/2017/06/28/wo-… 15 hours ago
- I don't know what I've done to deserve this life of constant spam calls but I'm going crazyyyy. How many numbers do… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- It's the final countdown! ❤️💙 wittyburg.com/2017/06/27/30-… https://t.co/s56EmOmLyP 1 day ago