WO: Weekly Obsessions
If you’re expecting some sort of social commentary on the Trayvon Martin case, you’re in the wrong place. All I will publicly say about it is that I’m not a lawyer and my home state of Florida sure knows how to make a scene. What I’m happy to share, instead, are these four feel-good finds:
- Baby Fever: Real tweet from yours truly — “Everyone’s off getting engaged, married or pregnant and I’m over here like: Which bars can we get kicked out of tonight?” In all seriousness, I get to celebrate the upcoming arrival of two babies this week*: My boss’s and my sister-in-law’s! Bring on the goofy games and endless desserts 🙂
- Ice Pops: I like to kick it old school from time to time, particularly when I’m waiting for A/C to be installed and dying a slow death. Enter your favorite childhood treat, and all is well … until you cut your mouth, of course. Sweet victory.
- MLB All-Star Week 2013: This year’s celebration is in good ol’ NYC, causing a flurry of tourists and events to my new home. The Home Run Derby offered plenty of entertainment, but I could have done without the parade. Morning reroutes and being trapped in the office for lunch were not so fun.
- “Enter Sandman” – Metallica: The best reliever in the history of baseball was part of his final All-Star team, helping to secure a win for the American League. This hardcore hit is the future first ballot Hall of Famer’s entrance song — a perfect fit for this badass and All-Star Game MVP.
*I hear there’s a royal baby on the way, but I’m just not interested. Kid probably will have a normal name and definitely won’t be as sassy as Suri.
Tags: all star game, american league, baby fever, baby showers, baseball, being an aunt, citi field, enter sandman, floriduh, home run derby, ice pops, mariano rivera, metallica, mlb all star week, national league, new york mets, new york yankees, obsessed, royal baby, sister-in-law, summer, the closer, weekly obsessions, what to expect, wittyburg
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
Look Back at It
- 350? Can you believe it? wittyburg.com/2018/03/21/wo-… https://t.co/7aQrup441n 2 days ago
- I’ve always been a fan of Retrievers but tonight especially — what a game, @UMBC_MBB! 1 week ago
- Midwest math: 3 drinks + 4 tacos = $26?! I’m never leaving. 1 week ago