WO: Weekly Obsessions
As much as I’m normally a Grinch this time of year, a few promotions and opportunities to help others have put me in the holiday spirit. I’m still not singing “Jingle Bells” anytime soon, but check out these chances to give back and win:
- National Believe Day is Friday: Join Macy’s in its 5th annual partnership with Make-A-Wish®! They’ll donate $1/letter received now through Dec. 24, up to $1M— plus an additional $1/letter this Friday, for up to another $1M! Post a picture with #MacysBelieve and you could be in a Macy’s commercial — plus check out the TV special “Yes, Virginia” on CBS at 8:30 p.m.
- USF Share the Love: My alma mater’s Alumni Association is sponsoring this two-week contest with daily giveaways. Entering is super easy, and you can win tons of cute USF-themed items!
- Kobeyaki: The struggle is real to find a quick lunchtime spot that also satisfies. Lucky for me, the midtown location of this fast Japanese food place opened recently. Like their page on Facebook for a chance to win free Kobeyaki for a year!
- “Merry Happy” – Kate Nash: Pandora wins, once again. A breakup ballad that’s anything but sad, coupled with the Brits’ sense of humor. What’s not to love?
Tags: alumni association, contests, giveaways, giving back, humor, japanese food, kate nash, kobeyaki, letters to santa, lunch, macy's, make a wish, merry happy, midtown, music, national believe day, neil patrick harris, nph, nyc, obsessed, pandora, promotions, share the love, usf, weekly obsessions, wittyburg, yes virginia
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
Look Back at It
- Better luck in 2023 – missed my goal by 1 book 📖 Check out #MyYearInBooks @goodreads to discover the 79 books I rea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @triketora: twitter is such a nice service for knowing exactly when earthquakes happen in the bay area 1 month ago
- The post-travel urge to start every sentence with “When I was in Japan…” 1 month ago