You Better Be-Lieb It
You guys, I was nominated for an award and it’s totally legit because I got an email about it and everything!
The Liebster Award recognizes a good blog that has yet to earn 200 followers. Its origins and rules are up for debate, but I jacked a complete set as my nominator understood them (listed below).
Check out my acceptance speech, and read more about Mark, who proves parenting after the loss of a partner can be done — even with humorous anecdotes along the way. And many thanks to him for thinking of me as a deserving recipient 🙂
Rules for Accepting the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their Liebster Award blog post.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you by the person who nominated you. Bonus questions are optional.
- Nominate five to 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Provide a link to each, and notify them of their nomination.
- List 10 new questions for your nominees to answer. You may include more than 10 questions, marked as bonus questions, but remember your nominees only need answer your first 10.
- Include the acceptance rules in your post, so your nominees know what to do.
Questions from Mark at Holding Together the JELL-O
1. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Sundays are usually low-key and are used to recuperate from the previous week. Plus, the schedule allows for football & boozy brunch!
2. If you enjoy exercise or playing a sport, what is your favorite and why?
My favorite sport to play is volleyball, because it’s fast-paced and I was good at it for a while.
3. What is the highest score you’ve ever made in bowling?
I’ve broken 100 a few times … pretty amazing if I must say.
4. It’s a rainy Sunday afternoon. What would you enjoy doing? Why?
If I’m not brunching or watching football, I would be clearing my DVR or reading. Rain calls for laziness, always.
5. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Eggs Benedict has quickly become a favorite — I’m a sucker for any combination of eggs, meat & carbs.
6. What is your favorite junk food?
Let’s just say: If having popcorn for dinner is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
7. Why did you decide to start blogging and what do you hope people take away from reading your blog?
My professional background is in content, editorial and copywriting. I wanted a creative outlet without worrying about a client’s needs. It’s since evolved, but I hope people leave with a few laughs and some insight to my messed-up mind.
8. If you were going on vacation, where would you go and why?
Greece and Italy top my international wishlist — I’d love to experience the food and culture the way I’ve been blessed to with other European and Central American spots.
9. If you have one, what’s your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Football is my favorite, but I’ll watch baseball, hockey, volleyball, lacrosse … pretty much any sport with a pulse.
10. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen? Why did you think it was so bad?
I remember falling asleep in the theater during “Autumn in New York.” I haven’t given it a second try but it seriously made me reconsider my love for Richard Gere.
Bonus Question: If you are married or dating someone, how did you meet?
I’m casually dating someone I met at a bar through a mutual friend. Stay classy, folks.
- Cosmo @ Deadly Rantsome Man: He’s crass and sometimes cruel (what did bacon ever do to you?), but he’s one of my best friends. Enjoy.
- Rachel @ saltedchocolate: Well, duh. If you’ve read my blog ever, you know I love my frand’s blog … hopefully this will make her start posting again 🙂
- Rochelle @ TNK Style: Ro is the queen of mixing high-end pieces with budget-friendly buys. Check out her amazing finds and great ideas!
- Shannon @ They Call Me Nay Nay: She’s witty, sassy and super-smart when it comes to content. And, she recently moved from FL to NY, too! #twinsies
- This Is a Pretty Life: I really love her fashion and DIY updates, especially the mani posts. If my nails ever look half as good as hers, I’d be over the moon.
Questions for My Nominees:
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s your favorite travel destination?
- How many siblings do you have, and where do you fall in birth order?
- How did your answer to #3 shape the person you’ve become?
- What inspires you most for your blog?
- Where’s the best food in your current town?
- Have you ever successfully completed a DIY project & can you tell me how you made that happen?
- What does your dream home look like?
- Which song is guaranteed to make you cry?
- Who is your hair icon & why?
Now go read their blogs, and buy me a celebratory drink while you await their answers! Schwing!
Congrats on your Leibster award. You are going to set the world on fire. Oh wait, you already did, at the Super Bowl.
Haha, not quite but I will take the compliment and run!
I would definitely run, since you set the world on fire and you don’t want to get burned. It’s already too late for me.