WO: Weekly Obsessions
This week’s obsessions come to you from a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet as I make my way to Florida for my cousin Shannon’s wedding. That said, here are four very Shannon-specific things I’m thrilled to celebrate:
- The Olsen Twins: While collecting fodder for my Maid of Honor speech, one theme just kept popping up. We used to look alike as kids and are only a year or two younger than these famous twins — so naturally, we recreated their performances and watched their movies endlessly. Don’t act like you didn’t love “It Takes Two.”
- Walt Disney World: Our destination for many family vacations eventually became a playground (and workplace, at times) for Shannon as an adult. I may not be the world’s biggest Disney enthusiast, but I can appreciate how happy it makes her. She even got engaged on Disney’s property and played Belle from “Beauty & the Beast” in an Orlando production! Doesn’t get much more magical than that.
- Girl Scouts: Shannon is incredibly talented as a singer and artist, and I… well I am not. So while we didn’t always participate in the same extracurriculars, we were involved in Girl Scouts for a long time together (and of course Magz was our Troop Leader)! I don’t ever want to sell cookies again but I wouldn’t mind a box of Peanut Butter Patties (AKA Tagalongs) right now.
- Brian Regan: Among many, many Comedy Central routines we listened to, Brian Regan’s standup stands out the most. It got to the point where I even sent Shannon postcards with “This city has big buildings I like food bye.” Settle in for some serious laughs.
Tags: beauty and the beast, brian regan, comedy, comedy central, disney, engagements, famd, family, florida, funny, girl scout cookies, girl scouts, humor, mary kate and ashley olsen, obsessed, olsen twins, walt disney world, weddings, weekly obsessions, wittyburg
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- Thanks to Ruth for demonstrating how to fight fiercely without shouting or losing our civility, our humanity. Her l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- No surprise at all that Ruth Bader Ginsburg doesn’t even get to the “rest” part of RIP before her death is politicized 7 hours ago
- RT @American_FB: Raise your hand if you've ever seen a 0-yard punt return for a touchdown. @USFFootball 6 days ago