WO: Weekly Obsessions
My eye has twitched on and off since I woke up at 6am, if you’re wondering how this week’s going for me. I have every intention of treating myself to a massage once I get through this month — until then, here’s what I’m talking about:
- “13 Reasons Why”: I nodded to this in yesterday’s 30 Before 30 post, but it deserves more than a nod. I binge-watched this Netflix series in less than 24 hours, if that’s any indication of how addictive it is. The premise: A high school student commits suicide, but leaves behind audio tapes about why she did it. It’s chilling, powerful, emotional — and completely necessary conversation about navigating today’s world (particularly as a woman). As always, if you’re in emotional distress, there are resources to help: 1‑800‑273‑TALK (8255) or Live Online Chat
- A Song A Day Patreon: There’s no easy transition from that heavy topic, so forgive me for that. You’ve heard me brag on my genius friend Shannon’s curation service, A Song A Day. In Shannon’s own words, “It’s grown to 45 active curators (and many alumni), ~6,500 subscribers, and 4 shows, 3 benefits…” and it needs our help! Check out the Patreon campaign, share it on your social networks and please do whatever you can to keep ASAD alive 😀
- #JLWebWed: The Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) offers regular webinars for its members, on a variety of topics, from women’s rights to emotional intelligence and more. I was pumped for today’s session about building social media strategies, and even more excited to learn our presenter was from Daytona Beach! Darlynn Tacinelli provided excellent advice and thoughtful answers to our many questions. Way to represent the 386, Darlynn!
- “Believer” – Imagine Dragons: Any song that starts with “First things first” has me hooked, let’s be honest. I can’t quite place who or what this jam reminds me of, but I’ll keep listening until I can. And with 30 million-plus views of the music video, either lots of others are trying to figure it out or they’re just as hooked as I am. Enjoy!
Tags: 13 reasons why, a song a day, ajli, believer, darlynn tacinelli, free music curation, hope, imagine dragons, junior league, little blog dress, mental health, music, netflix, obsessed, social media, webinar wednesdays, weekly obsessions, wittyburg
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
Look Back at It
- Oops I got ninety-nine problems singing bye, bye, bye... wittyburg.com/2018/10/10/wo-… https://t.co/gfwkYnhhvn 6 days ago
- Keep nails long enough to fight. Keep keys in hand to fight. Keep head up from phone to fight. When hasn’t it been… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Back in SF reflecting on the opportunity to fully experience #AdvertisingWeek in NYC. Doesn’t feel real but so grateful it was! 1 week ago