WO: Weekly Obsessions
My eye has twitched on and off since I woke up at 6am, if you’re wondering how this week’s going for me. I have every intention of treating myself to a massage once I get through this month — until then, here’s what I’m talking about:
- “13 Reasons Why”: I nodded to this in yesterday’s 30 Before 30 post, but it deserves more than a nod. I binge-watched this Netflix series in less than 24 hours, if that’s any indication of how addictive it is. The premise: A high school student commits suicide, but leaves behind audio tapes about why she did it. It’s chilling, powerful, emotional — and completely necessary conversation about navigating today’s world (particularly as a woman). As always, if you’re in emotional distress, there are resources to help: 1‑800‑273‑TALK (8255) or Live Online Chat
- A Song A Day Patreon: There’s no easy transition from that heavy topic, so forgive me for that. You’ve heard me brag on my genius friend Shannon’s curation service, A Song A Day. In Shannon’s own words, “It’s grown to 45 active curators (and many alumni), ~6,500 subscribers, and 4 shows, 3 benefits…” and it needs our help! Check out the Patreon campaign, share it on your social networks and please do whatever you can to keep ASAD alive 😀
- #JLWebWed: The Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) offers regular webinars for its members, on a variety of topics, from women’s rights to emotional intelligence and more. I was pumped for today’s session about building social media strategies, and even more excited to learn our presenter was from Daytona Beach! Darlynn Tacinelli provided excellent advice and thoughtful answers to our many questions. Way to represent the 386, Darlynn!
- “Believer” – Imagine Dragons: Any song that starts with “First things first” has me hooked, let’s be honest. I can’t quite place who or what this jam reminds me of, but I’ll keep listening until I can. And with 30 million-plus views of the music video, either lots of others are trying to figure it out or they’re just as hooked as I am. Enjoy!
Images courtesy of: IMDb, Patreon, Twitter, Genius
Tags: 13 reasons why, a song a day, ajli, believer, darlynn tacinelli, free music curation, hope, imagine dragons, junior league, little blog dress, mental health, music, netflix, obsessed, social media, webinar wednesdays, weekly obsessions, wittyburg
About WittyburgSarcastic, sports-obsessed writer & FL native navigating SF.
4 responses to “WO: Weekly Obsessions”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Search by Keyword/Phrase
The Burg Is the Word
What You’re Reading
What I'm Reading
Look Back at It
- RT @mattyglesias: English majors get the last laugh as GPT-4 crushes every exam except AP English Language and AP English Lit https://t.c… 1 week ago
- 🙋🏼♀️ It’s me, hi… washingtonpost.com/arts-entertain… 1 month ago
- RT @Google: In honor of #BlackHistoryMonth, see how we’re bringing the Black experience to the forefront of our products and services. http… 1 month ago
4th of july 30 Before 30 30 things to do before 30 advice anniversary apps bands i love baseball being an aunt best food san francisco best music birthday birthdays books bruno mars buzzfeed california cancer celebrations christmas dad death famdamnily family florida food friends funny funny videos game of thrones halloween holidays how to adult humor jay-z katy perry lady gaga life life lessons love macy's movies music new york new york city new york yankees nyc obsessed pinterest pop culture popped culture puppies reading relationships salted chocolate san francisco sf shopping sick slick rick snl someecards summer taylor swift thanksgiving things to do in sf travel tv shows volunteering weddings weekly obsessions wittyburg witty in fitty women work
You need to some rest and less stress to banish that twitchy lid. Always enjoy you blog!
Thanks for reading, Kaycee! Rest and recovery were much needed; finally feeling back to (my version of) normal 🙂
I am hooked on13 Reasons Why. It should be required viewing in high school. Not finished with it yet, but so very powerfui
It was so, so good. I immediately wanted to watch it all over again to see what I missed the first go-round.