I struggle year after year to find something Slick Rick will not only love for Father’s Day, but something he’ll use. He’s a practical guy, so it’s quite the challenge.
Enter the bacon bouquet, courtesy of Our Best Bites:
Best gift ever? No doubt.
Definitely winning Favorite Daughter this year.
Father’s Day is right around the corner, and if your dad is anything like mine, buying a gift for him proves more challenging with each passing year. Fret not, dear friends: Here are some guy-friendly gifts that will please your papa.
- Apple iPad or other tablet
- GPS for his ride
- nook, Kindle or other eReader
- Jersey and framed magazine from his favorite team’s big win
- Autographed memorabilia from an online auction
- Tailgating snacks, face paint and tickets for the next home game
- Gear for his next big hike
- Supplies for the campsite, such as a new tent
- Map an unexplored destination where he can go rappelling or white-water rafting
- Personalized tool kit
- Gift card to home-improvement store and subscription to “This Old House”
- A season or two of “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” on DVD
If your dad doesn’t fall within just one of the hard-defined categories, try mixing a few of the items above to create something truly unique.
The important thing, of course, is to spend time with Dad and thinking of him. He likely doesn’t need anything fancy, but it’s nice to show him your appreciation for all that he does.
Slick Rick, Brother and I on base: Savannah, Ga.; Christmas 1990