What happens when you’re in the middle of the woods with little to no cell service?
You likely forget your weekly blog post, among other things.
It’s a chilly 62• according to the weather report but my astute observation would register it more at somewhere around 30•.
Between hiking, biking, and busing our way through Yosemite, it’s been a week of nonstop adventure. All I know is, I can’t wait to have seven full uninterrupted nights of sleep in my own bed soon. Ahh, such luxury!
This week’s obsessions are brought to you live from New York, where I was feeling super nostalgic and reminiscent until a torrential downpour today made me want to set everything ablaze and scream endlessly.
Before I fall asleep for the third night in a row with my phone in my hand, my hair flailing about, and my feet hurting so good, I have these life-changing gifs and thoughts to share:
This week marks NINE years of Wittyburg.com. Yes, this stock gif has 10 candles but a girl can dream, can’t she?
The hotel I’m in this week is called StayPineapple, and they take their theme seriously. The towels, tiled floors, cabinets, water, mugs — you name it, and it’s got a pineapple on it. Such commitment! Such joie d’vivre!
As exhausting and infuriating this city that never sleeps can be, I will always be grateful for the chance to revisit and reminisce on my few short years living here. There’s a certain special type of person who can live here and love it — and to those folks, I salute you!
I can hardly believe it’s been a week in Germany so far — so much has happened and yet there’s still time left to get into trouble (and out of it, naturally).
From Munich’s massive Oktoberfest celebration to the tiny Bavarian town of Mittenwald, a day trip to Innsbruck in Austria and now a local stay in Berlin, we’ve covered a ton of ground.
There have been some mishaps, as my traveling companion and I seem to be a magnet for issues; but we’ve managed to keep smiling and laughing our way through the frustrations.
To say I’m obsessed with Berlin, especially, would be an understatement. Here’s to the next few days of discovery and debauchery!
Guten tag! My German is limited but I’m about to get a crash course, as I just landed in Munich for a whirlwind trip.
British Airways had a steal of a deal, so I joined some friends and their friends for a full itinerary of Oktoberfest, sightseeing, day trips, Berlin, and (of course) all the beer and pretzels I can handle.
My body may not be ready but my dirndl sure is! Look out, Gracie Lou Freebush. I’m gonna play the shit out of those water glasses.
If you haven’t guessed already, I’m coming off 15 hours of travel so I’m going to take that as my excuse to get some beauty rest before the real fun begins 🍻🇧🇪🥨
It’s been far too long since I did a full-blown WO so I’m back with a vengeance. Not really, but it has been one of the most challenging weeks in recent memory and I’m doing my damndest to work through it without imploding.
- Vacation in Sight: That’s right, the countdown is on for a little getaway to Deutschland AKA Germany. My body is ready for all of the beer, bread, pretzels, and other stereotypical fare we can expect at none other than OKTOBERFEST. Am I excited? You betcha.
- A Dirndl: Basically the only thing that turned my mood around today (pre-vacation stress, you know) was receiving my Oktoberfest outfit. My inspiration may or may not have been Gracie Lou Freebush, and I just have a few finishing touches to make it perfekt.
- Alligator’s Birthday: My eldest niece turns SIX tomorrow. Where does the time go? She is smart, sassy, and all the things I wish I was at her age. As the leader of now two other little sisters, she’s got some big shoes to fill. Luckily, big feet run in our family. Happy almost birthday, Alligator! Ah-nt Ah-mahn-dah loves you!
- “Bad Guy” – Billie Eilish: I’ve somehow managed to miss covering this megahit teen sensation who is all the things I could never be at her age. The video is hauntingly fascinating, from skinned knees to dance moves, and the tune cannot stay out of my head for more than 2 hours at a time. I’d say “you go girl” but then I think her fans would find me and beat me up.
I have no excuse for my lateness except that it’s been an exceptionally insane week of work and personal commitments. I hate to leave you hanging, and even though it’s Thursday on the east coast, it’s still Wednesday where I sit.
I’m weirdly obsessed with the two youngin’s so in love known as Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes. Even if they’re known on another level worldwide than the couples on Bachelor in Paradise, I still “ship” them as the kids say and cannot stop watching their videos.
Señorita has just enough whine to make me cringe at how much I enjoy it
Take the title of my fave ’90s horror flick and I’m sold
I don’t know what the future holds for these two lovebirds but I’ll be weirdly watching and hoping they don’t do any more makeout sessions for the cameras.
My mom is visiting this week so it’s only fitting I share a few things I’m already obsessed with during her trip so far. Forgive the lack of visuals, I’m on a deadline and would rather be with Magz than my phone.
- The nice weather: Leave it to San Francisco to show up with sunny skies and breezy days upon Magz’s arrival. If it were like this every day, I’d stay forever. Oh wait…
- My new niece (still): Yes yes yes I cannot get enough. All the photos and videos and FaceTimes in the world still aren’t enough for me tbh.
- Take Your Parent to Work Day: my company’s annual event is tomorrow and I couldn’t be more pumped to show my mom around campus (really!) and see what I even do around here. #Lumbergh
- A Raiders Win: The last MNF game at O.Co was a solid W, especially for beating “the donkeys” as my oldest niece calls them. Baby K is also celebrating with a sliiiight middle finger in the air.