If you haven’t watched the most recent season of “The Bachelor” slash have zero interest in it whatsoever, it might be best for you to leave now. Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
- Wine: It’s the only thing that got me through the FIVE HOURS of finale coverage for this ding dang show. I was kicked out of my league about halfway through the season (don’t ask), so I literally had no other reason to watch. Thank goodness for pinot vino, you guys.
- Becca Kufrin: America’s sweetheart became the all-time fan favorite after being chosen by Arie Lyin-dick, then dumped when “getting closer to Becca meant he was losing the chance to reconcile with Lauren.” Oh, you mean like, being committed to your FIANCEE, dude? The worst finale in Bachelor history came with an ultimately happy ending for Becca K., though — she’s already begun her reign as the next Bachelorette.
- The Wine Boyfriend: I promise, this is different from WO #1. I’m thinking Becca and Michael James Schneider should be new besties, since his massively viral wine boyfriend is the best break-up revenge ever. I’ve joked about having a wine boyfriend before, but this is some next-level shit.
- “You Oughta Know” – Alanis Morrisette: Have I taken this theme too far? Never. The quintessential break-up song is timeless, angry, funny and makes you feel all of the things you need after a bad split. Bonus: You don’t even need an ex to appreciate the kick-ass vibes. You, you you, you you!
You know the saying, “If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans”? I feel like that’s the definition of how this past week has been for me, folks.
You may already be well aware how Type A I am about planning, organization and attention to detail. Pshhh, that all goes out the window when the 24 hours in a day seem to vanish in the blink of an eye.
Between multiple birthday celebrations, a work trip (with a surprise snowfall!), candidate interviews, review cycles and a whole lotta other #firstworldproblems, I’m still dumbfounded that it’s already (and yet, only) Wednesday.
So here’s my penance offering — please enjoy and don’t @ me, bro!
Forgive my ignorance from my last WO as I celebrated the Winter Olympics without any clue about what happened in my home state of Florida.
You see, I was avoiding any and all breaking news alerts because I didn’t want to see spoilers for the games.
What I didn’t learn, until later, was of the massacre inflicted upon the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland. I read and watched a bit of it before becoming physically ill and needing to turn away.
I have no desire to debate gun control. I have no agenda here. What I have, instead, is a breathtaking piece from The New Yorker I think every human should read.
No matter your stance on the issue, I hope we all can agree there is no place for this kind of terrorism in our school system. Not now, and #NeverAgain
It’s a double whammy celebration today with Valentine’s Day AND Ash Wednesday — can you feel the excitement? No? Well, put on your party pants because it’s about to get crazy up in here.
- Chloe Kim: If you know me, you know I LOVE the Olympics. One of many reasons why is a story like Chloe’s: She was 2014’s best snowboarder but too young to compete in the Sochi games. Fast forward to today and she’s winning it all — and her dad is winning our hearts.
- Shib Sibs: I’m fascinated by ice dancing as a sport and this brother-sister duo only adds to the intrigue. I love my brother and would do anything for him, but I can’t imagine being partnered with him for decades of competition. How these two still get along is beyond me, but you go, Shib Sibs!
- Adam Rippon: There’s not much I love more than a quick-witted shit talker who can back up their stuff. Adam is the quintessential figure skating and LGBTQ icon we’ve all dreamed of, and his haters know where to go… to the left, to the left.
- Maame Biney: It wouldn’t be a tribute to PyeongChang without talking about this superstar. To some, she came out of nowhere and now she’s making history as the first African-American woman to represent the U.S. in speed skating. Don’t let her electric smile and bubbly personality fool you — she’s a beast on the ice.
What are some of your favorite Olympic moments so far? Let me know in the comments and we can nerd out together 🙂
I don’t know what it is about Wednesdays lately that I’m often struggling to get my head on straight, but I was able to cobble a few things together this time around:
- Antibiotics: Last week, my boss interrupted me on a conference call and urged me to see a doctor. I finally took the advice and went to a Walk-In Care clinic and was promptly prescribed antibiotics. I’ve since started feeling like a human again! I don’t recall the last time I was that sick but am so grateful to have both my nostrils functioning.
- Lafayette Park: San Francisco is experiencing some of the most beautiful weather possible in February, so I took full advantage last weekend by lounging around this neighborhood hotspot. 70 degrees and sunny? Doesn’t get much better than that. Bonus: It’s more of a family-friendly park so the DILFs are out in full force. Boom.
- Burlingame: I spent Super Bowl Sunday with friends in this South Bay gem I hadn’t yet explored. While I didn’t get any photos myself, I will definitely be back to discover more. For a quick 30-minute train ride from SF, you can’t beat the small-town feel with big-city culture. I’m especially intrigued by the PEZ Museum — talk about a throwback!
- “Meant to Be” – Bebe Rexha f. Florida Georgia Line: This earworm has been stuck in my head for a solid week, and I’m not even mad about it. While the lyrics are deceptively simple, the melody is complex enough to keep me coming back for more. I dare you to give it a listen and tell me you don’t feel the same.
I’m gonna stray from the norm this week and let this dang head cold take over all of my sensibilities. Instead of four things I’m feeling, here are a BUNCH of things I’m quite tired of (in no particular order)
- Repeating myself
- The Kardashians
- Unkind people
- The patriarchy
- Social media
- The sniffles
- Garbage people
- Technology issues
- Spilled milk
What are some of the pet peeves wearing you down lately? Let’s commiserate!
Happy Hump Day, y’all! (If you haven’t heard by now, turns out the beloved Chris Sullivan AKA Toby from “This Is Us” voiced the GEICO camel in those unforgettable ads.)
In other news, I’ve barely made it this week so far and am just hoping to get through to the weekend’s activities. This year’s flu season is one of the worst ever, and while I’ve managed to avoid it, the head cold struggle is real. Woe is me, I know.
So because my brain is foggy and I’ve prioritized a lot of other things over WOs this time, I hope you’ll enjoy Ed Sheeran’s latest, which is currently near the top of the Billboard charts. Bonus: Sheeran recently got engaged to his childhood friend, making for the most Ed Sheeran of engagements you can imagine.