It appears I’ve fallen even deeper in love with New York than I’d realized. Ain’t that the way it goes? I sure hope my main squeeze will continue to love me back.
This sums it up pretty well.
Summer Fridays Begin!
- Celebrated with a LOT of rounds at 169 Bar – the $3 popcorn snack is kind of a rip-off, but it’ll do when you’re drinking bourbon lemonades for eight hours
- Walked to Fontana’s – ordered pizza while attempting to watch the Pacers-Heat game … everyone expects the Floridian to root for LeBron, but I was too busy checking out Dwyane Wade
Seen it with my own eyes.
Saturday Soccer … at a Baseball Stadium
- Scored free tickets to see Manchester City vs. Chelsea at Yankee Stadium
- Walked over to The Dugout while the crowds cleared out
- Took our large and in charge group to Swig in the Upper East Side – new favorite for the Irish staff
- Hit Wharf in Murray Hill again, because we love our friend who works there
- Ended the night at Company, a bar I don’t generally enjoy but put up with anyway
When Brunch Becomes Last Call
- Boozy brunch at The Sunburnt Cow – one of NYC’s Top 10 according to the Google, but service could have used some help. Food was pretty good, but “bottomless” is relative to waiting 40 minutes for a refill #firstworldproblems
- Visited our other friend for the end of her shift at The Flying Puck
- Walked about 40 blocks to East Village superstar Off the Wagon
- Hit Fiddlesticks for another round of shots
- Pizza pit stop for our friend – no need for me to eat when I had two eggs six hours prior
- Managed to get over to Good Company in Billyburg at 9 p.m. and stayed till last call
You really can’t complain with a view like that.
- Finally, the sun showed up! So we laid out at Central Park, in a spot called Sheep’s Meadow (not “Sheet Meadow” like I thought I overheard)
- Out to Bushwick for our friends’ BBQ
… And I lived through all of that to tell the tale! What are the best summertime spots in your city?
Search by Keyword/Phrase
Look Back at It
- Better luck in 2023 – missed my goal by 1 book 📖 Check out #MyYearInBooks @goodreads to discover the 79 books I rea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago
- RT @triketora: twitter is such a nice service for knowing exactly when earthquakes happen in the bay area 1 month ago
- The post-travel urge to start every sentence with “When I was in Japan…” 1 month ago