So, um. I move to San Fran in TEN DAYS. To say I’m ready would be a flat-out lie, so let’s just keep on procrastinating with these four finds:
- FALL.: That’s right, white girls can officially rejoice in a few days because the weather is changing and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! I’m personally just excited to sweat a little bit less … call me crazy.
- New York Fashion Week: With the emergence of fall also comes NYFW — a shining, glittering beacon for all the aspiring Miranda Priestlys of the world. I’m not super in-tune with the trends, but this color palette has me admittedly giddy.
- Van Diemens: I can’t believe I’ve never publicly obsessed over this bar … it’s been a steadfast go-to for a solid year! My alumni group hosts events here, and it’s also where my going-away party will be Saturday night 😥
- “Here I Go Again” – Audra Mae: I heard a snippet of this cover during a Bravo promo, and I am totally hooked. It’s raw and real, and I can’t get her voice outta my head.
We’re almost halfway through 2014, people. Can you believe it? I thought summer days were supposed to be long and lazy, but I was apparently mistaken.
- Cousins Take Over!: 2 of my cousins from Florida visited all last week, and they covered more ground than I thought humanly possible. From Broadway shows (four!) to Yankee Stadium, they took Manhattan by storm.
- FIFA World Cup: Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know the World Cup is providing tons of highlights and heartache. From the hottest players to this one who thinks he’s Hannibal Lecter, the drama is nonstop. And, of course: USA! USA! USA!
- “The People’s Couch”: I’m a sucker for all things Bravo, and this little gem is no exception. Watch various groups of people watch TV — sounds silly, right? Well, it is … but it’s also incredibly entertaining. New episodes air Tuesdays at 10 p.m. EST.
- Baby Girl Argues with Bulldog: This just might be the cutest baby video (except for ones with my niece) ever. Her hand gestures really sell the point that she is NOT happy with the family pet. Enjoy!
It’s only appropriate to kick off 2014 with some resolutions, so why not do it in WO form? And since we all want MORE all the time, here’s what I vow to do more of this year:
- Be More Patient: I was the least patient person I knew BEFORE moving to the busiest city in the world. So, it’s no surprise that I need to work on counting to 10 and taking deep breaths — before I lose it on the subway.
- Explore NYC More: I’ve done a decent job this year seeing the sites and getting lost (no, really). But I think 2014 should be focused on getting to know my new home even better and finding new favorites along the way.
- Be More Selfish: I mean it in the nicest way possible, but I spent a lot of last year traveling to celebrate others’ accomplishments. This year, I’d like to take some “me” time and use my days off for actual vacations. We’ll see how it goes 🙂
- Dance More: In the esteemed words of Kid President, life would be a little better for us all if we just danced more often. Say no more, little guy. I vow to spend the better part of this year making a fool of myself anywhere I can.
What are some of your resolutions for 2014?