I’m in New York for a few days, thanks to an incredible opportunity to represent my company at Advertising Week. It’s been a whirlwind visit, from attending nearly 20 sessions to seeing family and longtime friends during “downtime.” There also happens to be a very important game tonight for my beloved Yankees.
Among the many insights, pull quotes and takeaways from this week, one particular lesson keeps replaying in my head. It comes from none other than the Fresh Prince himself, Will Smith.
Smith has been a household name for decades but only recently has had the chance to create content purely for himself. The man is an icon for many reasons, but the essence of his spirit is captured for millions of viewers in a fun, thought-provoking YouTube channel.
From online dating to bungee jumping out of a helicopter over the Grand Canyon — yeah — it’s no wonder he’ll remain a joy to watch for years to come.
Now, please excuse me while I go pump some “Gettin’ Jiggy With It” 🎶 na na na na na na na 🎵
For the first time in what feels like forever, Wednesday has snuck up on me. Maybe it was the short workweek or a weekend that flew by … whatever the case, I was shocked to realize that it is, in fact, Hump Day.
- “Cupcake Wars”: It’s no secret that I love sweets, especially cuppycakes. This show is the devil. I can’t help but watch bakers scramble to make 1,000 crazy-flavored combinations. New episodes air Sundays at 8/9c on Food Network.*
- Ad 2 Tampa Bay: I’m on this year’s Board and have enjoyed meeting like-minded young people in the industry. Last night’s AdSocial was a hit, and I fully encourage others in the area to join.
- Friends of Type: Fun typography, interesting graphics and classic sayings come together here. I regularly find my new favorite desktop background to make the workday that much brighter.
- “Sweet Disposition” – The Temper Trap: Now that it’s not in every commercial on TV, I quite enjoy this song. It’s got the right mix of softer melodies with exciting beats, and the lyrics are simply satisfying.
*Technology hates me (yet again) and won’t display the 1 on my WO graphic. Real cool.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- If you’re the clown who hacked my student loan account, I won’t report it if you just pay off my balance 🙏🏼 3 weeks ago
- I would give anything to be snort laughing with @brandimo_ IRL right now but I guess a 2h 41m phone date will suffice ❤️❤️ 1 month ago
- RT @kristenbrockman: Have you purchased your “GET SALTY” virtual comedy show ticket yet? Today is the LAST DAY to buy! We can’t wait to lau… 1 month ago