If you’re expecting some sort of social commentary on the Trayvon Martin case, you’re in the wrong place. All I will publicly say about it is that I’m not a lawyer and my home state of Florida sure knows how to make a scene. What I’m happy to share, instead, are these four feel-good finds:
- Baby Fever: Real tweet from yours truly — “Everyone’s off getting engaged, married or pregnant and I’m over here like: Which bars can we get kicked out of tonight?” In all seriousness, I get to celebrate the upcoming arrival of two babies this week*: My boss’s and my sister-in-law’s! Bring on the goofy games and endless desserts 🙂
- Ice Pops: I like to kick it old school from time to time, particularly when I’m waiting for A/C to be installed and dying a slow death. Enter your favorite childhood treat, and all is well … until you cut your mouth, of course. Sweet victory.
- MLB All-Star Week 2013: This year’s celebration is in good ol’ NYC, causing a flurry of tourists and events to my new home. The Home Run Derby offered plenty of entertainment, but I could have done without the parade. Morning reroutes and being trapped in the office for lunch were not so fun.
- “Enter Sandman” – Metallica: The best reliever in the history of baseball was part of his final All-Star team, helping to secure a win for the American League. This hardcore hit is the future first ballot Hall of Famer’s entrance song — a perfect fit for this badass and All-Star Game MVP.
*I hear there’s a royal baby on the way, but I’m just not interested. Kid probably will have a normal name and definitely won’t be as sassy as Suri.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- RT @kimiwaffles: Was that an earthquake? -Literally all of the Bay Area 2 days ago
- RT @ChrisJBakke: The layoff email from Twitter is the first email in history that should have been a meeting. 1 month ago
- The personification of charm, wit & joy – so sad to lose this comedic icon & fantastic human being 😭 twitter.com/Variety/status… 1 month ago