I had an influx of ideas for obsessions this week, probably because I’ve been on a spree of volunteer and social events lately. The good news? There’s no stopping in sight. The bad news? I’m running on about five hours of sleep and am not entirely sure this will all make sense 😛
- #Brangelina … Meanwhile, Amal Fights ISIS: I was in an inevitable BuzzFeed rabbit hole last night and, naturally, read George Clooney’s off-guard response to the #Brangelina divorce. I was extremely proud to see the related article BuzzFeed suggested was about Amal Clooney (née Alamuddin) and her fight against ISIS. Talk about girl power.
- AOII Alumnae in San Francisco: In case it wasn’t painfully obvious in yesterday’s post, I’ve thrown myself into some social organizations recently. I’m thrilled to join my sorority’s alumnae board in SF as Vice President, and I’ve already enjoyed getting to know more sisters in the area. Check out our FB page to see what we’re up to and learn more 🙂
- Junior League of San Francisco: Another fantastic organization I’ve joined as a Provisional (first-year) member is the Junior League of SF. From volunteering to social events and community programs, I couldn’t be more pleased to be connected to such an inspirational group of women.
- “Closer” – Chainsmokers f. Halsey: In my humble opinion, any song that inspires a flood of memes is worth a listen. I swear, I’m not into EDM — I’m too old for it anyway. But with a catchy beat and ridiculously fun lyrics, this one’s getting played out like it’s my damn job.
I’ve been in a real funk lately, and it has nothing to do with the homeless man who harasses me twice a day. What better excuse than to find some distractions until I can “figure it out”?
- White Elephant in the Room: A dear friend recommended this tumblr after my dad died. It chronicles a young widow’s process for grief, guilt and everything in between. The writing is beautiful and REAL —and I just ordered my copy of the accompanying book.
- “Top Chef: New Orleans”: My favorite reality show returned last week, so my draft picks are in and I’m ready to beat Cosmo (again). I can’t wait to see how Emeril will challenge these chefs in his neck of the woods. BAM!
- AOII Goes Blue: My sorority’s philanthropy efforts focus on Arthritis Research & Education, with events nationwide that raise money and awareness for the cause. If you’re not near a college campus with AOII, consider donating directly.
- #lovewillwin: So that awesome DC wedding I went to last week? Yeah, it was kind of a big deal. Check out this ABC news story covering the last-minute scramble — and gift from God —to let a fantastic couple celebrate their marriage.
- Foley’s: I met a friend for drinks at this Midtown spot recently and loved the whole atmosphere. Dwight Gooden happened to be signing autographs, but the drink specials, food and memorabilia will keep me coming back.
- #whatshouldwecallme: OK, this tumblr has to be in my top five all-time. The gifs so perfectly capture everyday situations. My friends send these out regularly, and I highly encourage you to do the same.
- essie Ballet Slippers: I’ve been in a nail color rut lately and needed something spectacular for my weekly self-manicure. Enough pizazz to get noticed, but enough polish for the office — no wonder it’s a bestseller.
- Miss USA 2013: Sunday’s annual pageant did not disappoint — from Utah’s interview response (video below) to Alabama repping my sorority beautifully and Connecticut’s heartfelt victory lap. My only question: Why was a JoBro co-hosting?