Do you ever have anxiety to the point where you can feel it rising in your throat, just below the surface, and you’re almost scared to speak in case it manifests in a very vomit-y way? No? Me either, I was just asking for a friend.
- Vow to Be Chic: Nothing to be anxious about here. A friend’s friend told me about this ingenious service, and I had to share it with you all. Bridal parties, listen up! Now you can rent (or buy) your dress for an affordable price — so you won’t even have to worry about when you’ll wear a $300 frock again. Can I get an “Amen”?
- “American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace”: Will this ACS season top its inaugural foray into The People v. OJ Simpson? Hard to tell. But with another all-star cast and a horrific case, it’ll definitely be thrilling to watch. Full disclosure: I set the DVR as soon as I possibly could! #nerdalert
- Tavaris Jones: You may have seen Tavaris wow the crowd with his dancing on “Ellen” before, but he’s back making headlines with his major moves. How does a tiny human slay the halftime show so smoothly? If I had even 1/10th of his swag, I’d be happy.
- “Finesse” – Bruno Mars f. Cardi B: I was born in the late ’80s, so I consider myself a ’90s kid. And there’s no current song that references the era better than this straight-to-the-top hit. From the “In Living Color” references to the just-announced GRAMMYs performance, this one is sure to be in our heads for a while. Da bomb!
A huge thank-you to all who reached out with messages of love and support after last week’s heartbreaking loss. If I learned anything from Michelle, it’s that you can find reasons to smile even in the darkest of days.
- Little Girl Turns Sister into a Zebra: This may be the new “Charlie Bit Me.” Honestly, is there anything cuter than videos of tiny tots with posh accents? 3-year-old Sovereign took a permanent marker to her little sister’s… canvas… to turn her into a zebra. Why, you ask? Because she “loves being zebras.” Duh, mom.
- Response to Talia Jane’s Open Letter to Yelp: The viral open letter to Yelp highlights just how clueless many millennials are. That’s not to say we aren’t all clueless in our 20s, but now we have the world as a social media stage to broadcast major mistakes. Pro tip: Negotiate for a livable salary, don’t sign a lease you can’t afford, don’t be too proud to live or work in less-than-ideal conditions, and don’t go credit card poor before the ink on your diploma dries. This response puts it far more eloquently than I can in a few sentences.
- “American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson”: This miniseries is already a few episodes in, but you can still catch up! I didn’t expect to be so captivated, but the always-provocative Ryan Murphy has done it again. It’s chilling, gripping and an absolute roller coaster — the all-star ensemble cast will, no doubt, be nominated for every accolade available. Despite it being more than 20 years since the murders, it’ll bring you right back to the heart-stopping Bronco chase and trial in no time at all.
- “7 Years Old” – Lukas Graham: Something about this song haunts and humbles me. Maybe it’s that he covers a 60-year life in less than four minutes. Or it could be how fragile and fleeting life is, which Graham identifies and reflects on beautifully. Whatever the reason, I can’t seem to stop listening to it on loop.