Remember how my one goal last weekend was to pick up a notebook? That’s it. One goal. I failed miserably.
I did, however, manage to accomplish a lot: Errands throughout the city, two birthday celebrations for friends of friends and another fiasco in Brooklyn I won’t soon forget. Oh, and PUPPY BOWL IX.
- New York (Mercedes-Benz) Fashion Week: Any chance of me being productive this weekend is thrown out when you consider the world’s biggest names in fashion will be in my backyard. I don’t even have a yard, but you get the point.
- Pandora Radio: My playlists have been lackluster as of late, and I was in need of new music finds. Thank goodness Pandora does all the legwork for me and I just have to hit a little Like or Dislike button to customize my daily soundtrack.
- The “Parks and Recreation” Cast: Aubrey steals from Joe Biden. Aziz called Dior by the wrong name. Nick is a woodworker and married to Megan Mullally. Chris stars in “Zero Dark Thirty,” will be a superhero next and married Anna Faris. Oh, and Amy. Sweet, sweet Amy. Need I say more?
- “Let Her Go” – Passenger: Pandora found this little gem for me through my Of Monsters and Men station. I can’t stop listening to it and am officially an addict to singer Mike Rosenberg’s voice. Swoon.
My weekends have been great here. So great that I haven’t had the chance to write as much as I’d like. So, one of this weekend’s goals is to get a new Moleskine notebook and fill it with the ideas swimming ’round my head. Till then, here’s what I can write about:
- “Heathers”: I’d never seen this cult classic because, well, it was released when I was a year old. But thank the TV gods for putting it on HBO this past weekend. Delightfully dark and completely crazy — it’s added to my ever-growing list of favorites.
- Charles Esten: I enjoyed his appearances on “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” but didn’t follow his career. #pre-IMDb problems. Then Josh, Stanford branch manager from “The Office” was hot in a familiar way. He’s now Deacon on “Nashville” — marry me, please?
- Herald Square: We have a training at the Macy’s on 34th Street tomorrow, and I couldn’t be more excited. This is what being in NYC is all about: Running frantically through a sea of people just to make it to work on time. I love it.
- “It Happens” – Sugarland: In true graceful fashion, I ripped my tights yesterday (right before tripping down the stairs). Wouldn’t you know it? This song comes on my iPod next and I’m suddenly not so hostile. Essential to remember about life: Pssh … it happens.
P.S.: Did you guys watch “New Girl” last night?! Happy happy, joy joy.
I split my pants today.
So that happened … and though it was thankfully in a spot where most wouldn’t notice, it was really the cherry on top of an accident-prone week. Oh, yeah — it’s WEDNESDAY. What disasters will the next few days bring? Only time will tell. Let’s focus on something happy, instead:
- Name that ‘Stache Calendar: Now that I’m all set up with a real live desk, I’ve got this daily laugh to keep me entertained. Many thanks to Santa for the excellent stocking stuffer.
- My Shows Return: From “GIRLS” to “Nashville” to “Workaholics,” I couldn’t be more pumped for this week’s winter premieres. Thank you, cable gods.
- This someecard: I have an ever-growing love for these guys, but maybe no other has been as true as this one. I pinned it yesterday and it’s since gotten 100 repins — so I know I’m not the only one feeling that way.
- The 70th Annual Golden Globes: How is it I’m still enthralled with recaps of the awards show I watched three days ago? Simple: Tina, Amy and Jennifer killed it. Enjoy.