Mild spoiler alert: If you haven’t seen this week’s “Game of Thrones” or “The Bachelorette,” you may want to stop reading here…
- Applebee’s: Remember when Aidan from SATC was the voice of Applebee’s, and the tagline was “Eatin’ good in the neighborhood”? Ahh, sweet nostalgia. I recently revisited my old HS stomping grounds for after-party karaoke and it didn’t disappoint. 2-4-1 margaritas, shared appetizers and a TWELVE-DOLLAR BILL. Sometimes, it’s good to go back to your roots — and cheaper prices.
- Game of Thrones: I know, I’ve already mentioned GoT in these obsessions before, but this past week’s episode was so damn incredible, I would be a fool to forget it. My superstitious side says it was because it was Episode 07.04, which happens to be my birthday. And my logical side says it was because they’ve been building so many storylines and it was about time for some MAJOR stuff to go down this season. Hot damn 🔥
- “The Bachelorette” Finale… NOT: Booooo, hiss. We waited all season for Rachel Lindsay to pick a perfect mate and I’m quite disappointed with her final rose. The second place suitor wasn’t ready to propose after six weeks of dating, which sounds completely normal outside of Bachelor Nation. Unfortunately, Rachel claimed to have found the real thing elsewhere, and while I wish them well, I don’t understand how she literally cried off her eyelashes over the runner-up and got engaged to someone else the next day. Reality TV at its finest…
- “White Liar” – Miranda Lambert: That karaoke session I mentioned? Well, Daytona’s finest chose this little ditty and my youngest cousin swore up and down it was a Reba McEntire song. I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed as much as I have while hearing his arguments, but I do know I’ll always enjoy hearing this one when it comes up in my playlist.
In case you haven’t heard, Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Wee! I’m especially grateful that I made it to Daytona in one piece, and I didn’t seem to forget anything this time … nothing short of a miracle for moi.
Here’s a Thanksgiving-inspired weekful of obsessions:
- By a Show of Hands: This site pits turkey hand art against one another to crown a champion … many thanks to my good frand who found it!
- Pumpkin Cream Cupcakes: I made these for last year’s feast, and they were a hit. They’re making a repeat appearance at this year’s table … color me dangerous.
- 85th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: We have this on in the background each Turkey Day, and anything that lasts 85 years deserves a special nod.
- Crapplebee’s: Brother and I are making a triumphant return to our local neighborhood grill tonight, officially making it a tradition. Lord, beer me strength.
Cheers to you and yours as you celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. And, as always, keep it classy. (Applebee’s, anyone?)