I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is not, in fact, more cowbell. Being sick in December is litchrlly the worst, but here’s what I’m doing to keep calm and carry on:
- #AllTreesAreBeautiful: After many people took to Twitter complaining about the shape of their Reese’s Christmas Trees this year, the brand responded with a call to end “tree shaming” and it was glorious! Check out some of the highlights here.
- “Love Actually”: In my humble opinion, there is no better holiday movie. Sure, we all enjoy “Home Alone” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” but it doesn’t get any more festive, actually, than Hugh Grant dancing around 10 Downing Street.
- “Billy on the Street” with Will Ferrell: Here’s two guys who are likely to disagree with my previous statements. And that’s OK — because they’re at their best when yelling at innocent people in NYC. Fa-la-freaking-la.
- Las Vegas: I’m suuuper pumped to spend part of next week in Vegas for my cousin’s bachelor/ette party! The sights, the slots, the spirits… hope Sin City is ready for some naughty troublemakers right before Christmas!
Were your social-media feeds flooded with engagements and baby announcements today … like, more than usual? April Fools’ Day jokes aside, I am over the moon for one very real engagement: my good friend Cosmo proposed to his lady, Natasha, and I couldn’t be happier for them.
And now? A Nashville-themed week of obsessions. I’m still recovering from my friend Meghan’s bachelorette weekend, so it totally counts:
- Yazoo Brewery: What better way to start the weekend than with a brewery tour? Yazoo’s hefeweizen was delicious and refreshing, and I faintly remember enjoying the other seven samples we had, too 😉
- Sprocket Rocket Party Bikes: It’s a big trend in Nashville to pedal your way around town with music pumping and drinks flowing. We made the most of this fad with our awesome guide, John, and bartender, Mary. Considering the bride-to-be didn’t make it out after, I’d say this was the most successful activity.
- Paradise Park: I was told to check this place out, and we stumbled upon it our second night in Music City. You guys, seriously: This bar brought back so many college memories of cheap beer and live cover bands and dancing like nobody’s watching. Last call came way too soon, and I couldn’t wait to go back.
- Grand Ole Opry: As my Instagram caption says, “Take me to church.” The backstage tour of country music’s most hallowed halls was so cool … even Deacon from the ABC show “Nashville” made a (recorded) appearance! I could get used to that.
Hey y’all! Notice my little country twang? That’s because I’m headed to NASHVILLE tonight for a dear friend’s bachelorette weekend. I can’t wait to kick up my boots and see what kind of trouble we get into in Music City.
Next week’s obsessions will be more fulfilling — hope you don’t mind listening to this on repeat till then 😉