Tag Archive | barbecue
It appears I’ve fallen even deeper in love with New York than I’d realized. Ain’t that the way it goes? I sure hope my main squeeze will continue to love me back.
This sums it up pretty well.
Summer Fridays Begin!
- Celebrated with a LOT of rounds at 169 Bar – the $3 popcorn snack is kind of a rip-off, but it’ll do when you’re drinking bourbon lemonades for eight hours
- Walked to Fontana’s – ordered pizza while attempting to watch the Pacers-Heat game … everyone expects the Floridian to root for LeBron, but I was too busy checking out Dwyane Wade
Seen it with my own eyes.
Saturday Soccer … at a Baseball Stadium
- Scored free tickets to see Manchester City vs. Chelsea at Yankee Stadium
- Walked over to The Dugout while the crowds cleared out
- Took our large and in charge group to Swig in the Upper East Side – new favorite for the Irish staff
- Hit Wharf in Murray Hill again, because we love our friend who works there
- Ended the night at Company, a bar I don’t generally enjoy but put up with anyway
When Brunch Becomes Last Call
- Boozy brunch at The Sunburnt Cow – one of NYC’s Top 10 according to the Google, but service could have used some help. Food was pretty good, but “bottomless” is relative to waiting 40 minutes for a refill #firstworldproblems
- Visited our other friend for the end of her shift at The Flying Puck
- Walked about 40 blocks to East Village superstar Off the Wagon
- Hit Fiddlesticks for another round of shots
- Pizza pit stop for our friend – no need for me to eat when I had two eggs six hours prior
- Managed to get over to Good Company in Billyburg at 9 p.m. and stayed till last call
You really can’t complain with a view like that.
- Finally, the sun showed up! So we laid out at Central Park, in a spot called Sheep’s Meadow (not “Sheet Meadow” like I thought I overheard)
- Out to Bushwick for our friends’ BBQ
… And I lived through all of that to tell the tale! What are the best summertime spots in your city?
Search by Keyword/Phrase
The Burg Is the Word
What You’re Reading
What I'm Reading
Look Back at It
4th of july 30 Before 30 30 things to do before 30 advice anniversary apps bands i love baseball being an aunt best food san francisco best music birthday birthdays books bruno mars buzzfeed california cancer celebrations christmas dad death famdamnily family florida food friends funny funny videos game of thrones halloween holidays how to adult humor jay-z katy perry lady gaga life life lessons love macy's movies music new york new york city new york yankees nyc obsessed pinterest pop culture popped culture puppies reading relationships salted chocolate san francisco sf shopping sick slick rick snl someecards summer taylor swift thanksgiving things to do in sf travel tv shows volunteering weddings weekly obsessions wittyburg witty in fitty women work