I don’t know what it is about Wednesdays lately that I’m often struggling to get my head on straight, but I was able to cobble a few things together this time around:
- Antibiotics: Last week, my boss interrupted me on a conference call and urged me to see a doctor. I finally took the advice and went to a Walk-In Care clinic and was promptly prescribed antibiotics. I’ve since started feeling like a human again! I don’t recall the last time I was that sick but am so grateful to have both my nostrils functioning.
- Lafayette Park: San Francisco is experiencing some of the most beautiful weather possible in February, so I took full advantage last weekend by lounging around this neighborhood hotspot. 70 degrees and sunny? Doesn’t get much better than that. Bonus: It’s more of a family-friendly park so the DILFs are out in full force. Boom.
- Burlingame: I spent Super Bowl Sunday with friends in this South Bay gem I hadn’t yet explored. While I didn’t get any photos myself, I will definitely be back to discover more. For a quick 30-minute train ride from SF, you can’t beat the small-town feel with big-city culture. I’m especially intrigued by the PEZ Museum — talk about a throwback!
- “Meant to Be” – Bebe Rexha f. Florida Georgia Line: This earworm has been stuck in my head for a solid week, and I’m not even mad about it. While the lyrics are deceptively simple, the melody is complex enough to keep me coming back for more. I dare you to give it a listen and tell me you don’t feel the same.
I stayed home sick from work today, which means I’m now wired because I slept off the intense nausea I had throughout the night. TMI? Didn’t think so.
So what else is there to do when bedridden all day? Clear the DVR, of course.
- “Drunk History”: What do you get when you mix drunk people talking about the past with celebrated actors reenacting those stories (and lip-synching along)? Answer: This hilarious historical gem.
- “Chopped”: Of course I love cooking shows, because I’ve used my oven once. This one is a weekly battle between four different chefs, tasked to reinvent mystery ingredients. Fascinating, to say the least.
- “I Love the 2000s”: Britney! Nelly! Balloon Boy! VH1’s iconic series takes on the new millenium, and the result is so ridiculously satisfying. Episodes are on demand … and kind of just on all the time.
- “Ladies of London”: I know, I know. I hate myself enough for all of us, but I’m HOOKED on this stupid Bravo show. The drama is so ridiculous, and I just can’t stop watching. God save the Queen, indeed.
Not sold on these obsessions? Just enjoy this segment from a recent episode of “Drunk History”:
I’m feeling much better after a week of illness and some reeeal ugly cries, you guys. It absolutely helps that my cousins are in town for the week to visit — allowing me just enough time for these faves:
- “The Fault in Our Stars”: ‘Twas was the perfect setting to see a movie by myself for the first time. This year’s best read was wonderful on-screen and I highly, highly, highly recommend it.
- HBO Go: A week bedridden was made sort-of OK with this service. 31 episodes of “Game of Thrones” later, and I was feeling almost human again!
- “Fancy” – Iggy Azalea f. Charli XCX: I can’t get enough of I-G-G-Y. One look at my Spotify, and you’ll see I’ve binge-listened approximately 500 times. The “Clueless” music video is just the gangsta cherry on top.
- “Part of Our World”: And I can’t listen to “Fancy” without thinking of this hilarious sketch from Anna Kendrick’s turn hosting SNL. She plays Ariel (“The Little Mermaid”) and teaches Ursula (Aidy Bryant) about today’s popular music.