It could be my packed personal and professional lives or the fact that I’m just coming out of a Benadryl fog, but hump day came way too quickly this week. Here’s hoping the next few hundred words are somewhat coherent 😉
- Dita Von Teese: The queen of burlesque brought her “Strip, Strip Hooray!” show to SF this week, and I had the pleasure of going last night. From jewel-encrusted lingerie to breathtaking choreography and a hilarious emcee, it did not disappoint. My only note would be to get balcony seats next time, for the best view of a spectacular show.
- Baseball’s Back: I’m a little late to the game (ha!) on this one, but I’m pumped for the return of America’s pastime. Bonus: We have a teambuilding outing at tomorrow’s game, and I can’t wait to be back in the bleachers of AT&T Park. Disclaimer: I’m still — first and foremost — a Yankees fan. But I have local pride and will support the Giants so long as they’re not in the World Series against the Yanks… because then it’s a win-win-win anyway.
- Calm: I have a confession, you guys: I have a hard time relaxing. I know, I know — you’re shocked. This meditation app has helped me over the past month or so to focus for 10–20 minutes a day on just being. Meditation wasn’t really my thing, but I’m sufficiently hooked and enjoying the practice of letting things go.
- “Let It Go” – James Bay: (Speaking of) Not to be confused with the impossible-to-escape Frozen soundtrack, this song simply touches my heart and is a clear, calming reminder of love lost. I’m a little biased since I’m seeing him in concert Friday night, but I think you’ll like this one… maybe even more than “Hold Back the River.”
It’s been one of the craziest workweeks ever (didn’t I say that last time?), so I’m honestly just proud of myself for knowing it’s Wednesday.
Doesn’t matter that someone corrected me, when I made a “Throwback Thursday” reference at 9 a.m.
- Mint: This app is perfect for someone who tracks their budget and bills in their brain, but could use a helpful reminder of spending habits and upcoming payments. Hint: That someone is me.
- Bartlett Hall: A friend and I ventured to this swanky spot the other night, and despite some of the offbeat clientele, the drinks and service were on point.
- Magz Visits!: My mom gets into town Friday for a weeklong visit, and I couldn’t be more excited for some BFF time 🙂 She’ll take this city by storm, so stay tuned for a very inspired WO next week.
- “Classic” – MKTO: What girl doesn’t want to hear that she’s shining like a 5th Avenue diamond? These guys wanna thrill you like Michael and kiss you like Prince. I’m sold.