Well, well, well. This week is markedly better, if not simply for the fact that it’s not last week.
Oh and possibly because I’ve been able to reprioritize some things and also take a step back to look beyond my ever-so-rare temper tantrum to just… breathe.
And celebrate. Why? Because the biggest project I’ve worked on in nearly 10 years is LIVE and needs your votes!
Tell us what your favorite book, movie, game, and app were from 2019 and your votes could help crown Google Play’s Best of 2019! How cool is that?
Click here to vote and share with your friends, too 📚🍿🎉
It could be my packed personal and professional lives or the fact that I’m just coming out of a Benadryl fog, but hump day came way too quickly this week. Here’s hoping the next few hundred words are somewhat coherent 😉
- Dita Von Teese: The queen of burlesque brought her “Strip, Strip Hooray!” show to SF this week, and I had the pleasure of going last night. From jewel-encrusted lingerie to breathtaking choreography and a hilarious emcee, it did not disappoint. My only note would be to get balcony seats next time, for the best view of a spectacular show.
- Baseball’s Back: I’m a little late to the game (ha!) on this one, but I’m pumped for the return of America’s pastime. Bonus: We have a teambuilding outing at tomorrow’s game, and I can’t wait to be back in the bleachers of AT&T Park. Disclaimer: I’m still — first and foremost — a Yankees fan. But I have local pride and will support the Giants so long as they’re not in the World Series against the Yanks… because then it’s a win-win-win anyway.
- Calm: I have a confession, you guys: I have a hard time relaxing. I know, I know — you’re shocked. This meditation app has helped me over the past month or so to focus for 10–20 minutes a day on just being. Meditation wasn’t really my thing, but I’m sufficiently hooked and enjoying the practice of letting things go.
- “Let It Go” – James Bay: (Speaking of) Not to be confused with the impossible-to-escape Frozen soundtrack, this song simply touches my heart and is a clear, calming reminder of love lost. I’m a little biased since I’m seeing him in concert Friday night, but I think you’ll like this one… maybe even more than “Hold Back the River.”
It’s been one of the craziest workweeks ever (didn’t I say that last time?), so I’m honestly just proud of myself for knowing it’s Wednesday.
Doesn’t matter that someone corrected me, when I made a “Throwback Thursday” reference at 9 a.m.
- Mint: This app is perfect for someone who tracks their budget and bills in their brain, but could use a helpful reminder of spending habits and upcoming payments. Hint: That someone is me.
- Bartlett Hall: A friend and I ventured to this swanky spot the other night, and despite some of the offbeat clientele, the drinks and service were on point.
- Magz Visits!: My mom gets into town Friday for a weeklong visit, and I couldn’t be more excited for some BFF time 🙂 She’ll take this city by storm, so stay tuned for a very inspired WO next week.
- “Classic” – MKTO: What girl doesn’t want to hear that she’s shining like a 5th Avenue diamond? These guys wanna thrill you like Michael and kiss you like Prince. I’m sold.