Well, well, well. This week is markedly better, if not simply for the fact that it’s not last week.
Oh and possibly because I’ve been able to reprioritize some things and also take a step back to look beyond my ever-so-rare temper tantrum to just… breathe.
And celebrate. Why? Because the biggest project I’ve worked on in nearly 10 years is LIVE and needs your votes!
Tell us what your favorite book, movie, game, and app were from 2019 and your votes could help crown Google Play’s Best of 2019! How cool is that?
Click here to vote and share with your friends, too 📚🍿🎉
Hurricane Matthew seems to have its sights set on the east coast of Florida. As my family and friends batten down the hatches, I’m using these distractions to weather the storm updates. Stay safe out there — lifelong Floridians are great at ignoring dramatic predictions, but this one looks like it could actually be a doozy.
- Lisa Frank on FB: What better return to childhood nostalgia than your favorite rainbow and animal enthusiast sharing Facebook updates? From recipes to products to memes and more, the posts always bring a smile to my face. Absolutely fabulous!
- Grape Stomping: One of my work teams had our quarterly outing yesterday, this time with grape stomping at Grgich Hills Estate. We tasted wines elsewhere, too, but this was easily the highlight of the day. Stomping away in barrels (while accidentally dressed as twins) was the perfect activity for a team-building Tuesday.
- “The Help”: I recently found this bestseller in a thrift store for just $1, so I promptly brought it home to enjoy. It took about four nights of voracious reading — it’s that well-written — to devour this story of black maids in 1960s Mississippi. Bonus: Comcast had the movie showing for free, so I indulged in that after the final chapter. If you haven’t read it, I strongly recommend… especially with today’s racial landscape. It’s eerily scary to the
- SNL Is Back: With its biggest premiere audience in eight years, it’s clear America loves Donald Trump. Or at least, loves Alec Baldwin as Donald Trump. The highly anticipated debate parody was just the beginning and — although I feel like real life is sadly funnier — I’m excited to see what else they’ll come up with the circus, I mean, election.
It might be my now advanced age talking, but I’ve been perpetually pooped since last weekend’s shenanigans. It hasn’t all been fun and games, but I’m hopeful about what this next year will bring.
- “Inside Out”: If you haven’t already seen this latest release from Disney/Pixar, what is the matter with you?! From joy to anger and everything in between, it captures the range of emotions and thoughts we experience every day. The all-star cast of voices is just an added bonus.
- DeLoach Vineyards: According to the brochure I found in my bag, I am now a member of this fine establishment. Their customer service was awesome, the pours were perfect and they have special events for their members year-round. Cheers!
- Lyft: I was an Uber loyalist through and through, but Lyft grabbed my attention with a recent promotion to earn $50 in ride credits. I earned enough five-star ratings as a passenger to sit pretty for my next 10 rides — well done, Lyft! You may have just made me a believer.
- “Brother” – Needtobreathe f. Gavin DeGraw: I have no idea why this song gets me every time, but damn it’s a good one. I find myself humming along long after it’s played and searching for it during an afternoon lull. Plus, the video is pretty great.