- A Song a Day Kickstarter: My kickass friend Shannon’s daily curated song service needs your help! Check out her Kickstarter campaign — which would help make their extremely manual and tedious process into a more efficient and accurate one. Plus, future collaborations and cool giveaways mean you have nothing to lose!
- These Booties: White girls everywhere are rejoicing fall’s arrival, so why not rock the season’s best booties? SF weather allows for boots year-round, so I can firmly attest to their delivery in comfort and cuteness. Bonus: They come in five fall-friendly colors!
- essie Wicked: Every so often, I have to double-check that I haven’t already covered an obsession before because I just love it so much and am sure I’ve raved about it. Enter this rich and award-winning color from essie, which is sure to get you compliments AND go with any fall outfit you flaunt.
- “Hold My Hand” – Jess Glynne: I can’t seem to find the right adjectives to describe songstress Jess Glynne’s voice, so have a listen and you tell me. I have no doubt she’s going places and “ready for this.” (“This” being superstardom and a record-breaking music career.)
Pardon my delayed post, but as you read on you’ll see I have a very good excuse! Get it while the getting’s good.
- Brother’s Birthday: My big bro turns 32 today, and though we may not be celebrating together, he must be having a great one. Yankees are up (as of this writing), cold beers are abundant and he’s got an amazing little family who loves him so. 143, Moose!
- HAWAII: I’ve been up for 13 hours, but that’s not stopping the excitement. I set sail tomorrow for a 10-day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands and up to Vancouver. If this first picture is any indication, it’s gonna be a good one.
- Disney Cruise Lines: I know, I know. This is so off-brand for me. But, when your friend’s friend hooks you up with a dream vacation at a fraction of the price, you say, “Let it go” and jump aboard. I’m super stoked, to say the least.
- Fifth Harmony – “Worth It”: This song keeps popping up everywhere lately. A co-worker first introduced me to it, and then it’s been all over Spotify and, most recently, the Miss America pageant. I’m not ashamed to say I’m really feeling it.
Summer, as most people know it, is over. It’s time for back to school, final family vacations, and the holiday will be here in no time. Lucky for us in San Francisco, summer weather is just about to start. Even though it doesn’t come with more vacation days, I couldn’t be more pumped for some fun in the sun.
- Everything Is Perfect When You’re a Liar: Twitter queen and bestselling author Kelly Oxford has lived quite the life. She put together this compilation of unbelievable oh-no-she-didn’t stories, and it left me laughing — sometimes even scratching my head. It’s a quick, easy read and the cover art is awesome … what’s not to love?
- Just Dance: What happens when you have a bunch of people in their late 20s, all hopped up on wine and cheese? Apparently, it’s this game. We followed the suggested moves and made up our own, resulting in an absolutely ridiculous evening of goofs and giggles.
- Kelly Clarkson: I saw the American Idol herself perform this past weekend and was endlessly entertained. She speaks to the crowd like she would a close friend, and is just about the cutest pregnant performer ever.
- “Heartbeat Song” – Kelly Clarkson: Speaking of, Kelly’s recent releases have reignited my love for her multiplatinum career. This one is from her latest album, Piece by Piece, and sure to be stuck in your head soon enough.
Have you heard? According to endless social posts, Florida is flooded and California is thirsty. Oh, and New York is suffocating. Gotta love August in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
- Tab: How many times have you been out to eat with friends and struggled to split the bill? This handy app solves the pain point by allowing you to upload a photo of your receipt, split checks quickly and even calculate each person’s tip!
- essie Lilacism: Fun fact: I have about six essie polishes in pale purple, but I promise you that this one is the best. No matter the season, my mani is always complimented when rocking this shade.
- Trello: I’m going to totally geek out on you guys and gush about this collaborative organization tool. We use it at work to corral ideas and concepts together, but it could be used for brides, event planning, groceries … you name it!
- “Cheerleader” – OMI: I really, really, really didn’t want to like this song. But after a week of ear sabotage from Florida radio stations — including my Spotify mix — I can’t resist it any longer.
Happy Canada Day, eh? In all honesty, there’s a bevy of things to celebrate this week so let’s just get right down to it:
- SCOTUS for Gay Marriage: It’s old news by now, but hotdamnhowamazing! What a time to witness what happens when love conquers all. I hope your social-media feeds were filled with as much compassion as mine! This country still has a long way to go, but steps like this make me #proud.
- SF Pride: Speaking of, this weekend’s Pride festivities were absolutely fabulous. All the rainbows and sparkles and skin aside, it was truly incredible to see so many come together to support human rights.
- 4th of July: Um, heller. America and I celebrate our birthday in style each year, and I can’t wait to go wine tasting in Napa on Saturday. Whatever you’re doing to celebrate (me), be safe. Nothing brings a party down like fireworks gone wrong!
- “Stand Up” – Jessie J: Since I’m just oozing positivity and love, this anthem seems fitting. Like she croons, “…you’re as old as you feel you are, and if you don’t reach for the moon you can’t fall on the stars.” PREACH.
I say it often, but I can’t quite believe how fast time flies! We’re nearly halfway through 2015, yet it feels like New Year’s Eve was just a few weeks ago. Of course, it doesn’t help that back-to-school ads are already out when it’s still JUNE. But, I digress:
- “Silicon Valley”: I’m behind the trend, but this HBO show focused on the infamous valley’s tech bubble is pure genius. Most of the main cast are longtime standup comedians; and the humor is smart, snarky and of course, tech-douchey. Watch it on demand, till it returns next spring.
- The Chieftain Irish Pub & Restaurant: I pass this authentic Irish establishment on my daily morning commute, and I finally had the chance to stop in last week for a pint. The service was great, the atmosphere electric, and we endlessly enjoyed our respective cider and ale.
- “Hey Girl” Journal: A super-thoughtful co-worker and friend gifted me this delightful little journal to pen all my deep thoughts — particularly about the Gosman himself. It’s filled with “Hey Girl” quotes and doodles of Gosling … sure to provide endless hours of entertainment.
- “Shut Up and Dance” – Walk the Moon: Upbeat lyrics + a poppy track + constant encouragement to shake it = a winning combo. This one’s been on repeat for me lately, and I make no apologies for it.