The sun is shining; the birds are singing … oh, who am I kidding? It’s hump day, kids. That means it’s time for this week’s objects of my affection:
- “Call Me Maybe” – Carly Rae Jepsen: Don’t you worry — I’m judging me enough for all of us. Something about this song (consecutive weekends of interstate driving?) has me in love with this sickly sweet pop song. I die.
- But You’re Like Really Pretty: This graphic celeb-gossip site is reminiscent of Betches Love This, but with an extra punch of “Mean Girls.” Get on board now, betches.
- “Mad Men”: Yes, it’s season five and I’ve finally started watching. I’m completely enamored, though, if it’s any consolation. And thank G for the interwebs so I can catch up on past seasons.
- Bein’ Quirky with Zooey Deschanel: My girl crush for the Zooster is no secret, and SNL captures her so perfectly. Check out last week’s sketch with Sofia Vergara, and one with ZD herself.
P.S. Gotye is having a pretty major week — featured on “Glee” and he’s SNL’s musical guest.
I’m revoking my Adult card as we speak.
It wouldn’t be a complete week in Wittyburg world without a smattering of girly, betchy, A.D.D. madness!
- Betches Love This: I just discovered this site, thanks to a fabulous co-worker who has an appreciation for all things snarky. My favorite features so far are The Bachelor Recaps and Betch of the Week. Fieeeerce.
- March Madness: It’s that time of year again where I cry simultaneous tears of joy and utter despair. Can’t wait to lose my shit as my bracket gets ripped to shreds. Christmas come early!
- A Floral Dress: Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking. I get it, Miranda Priestly, but I broke out one today with nude pumps and it’s become my favorite new “old” piece.
- Draw Something: Downloaded more than 20 million times, this app is entirely addictive and brings a whole new level of distraction to my phone. Thanks to a good friend for showing me the light.
May all your bracket picks be winners and your drawings be guessed. Cheers!