As ready as I am for 2016 to be dunzo, it’s only fitting to take time this week to reflect on the things for which I’m grateful. Cliche? Absolutely. But essential to the healing process? You betcha.
- Wittyburg Is Six: True to form, I missed my sixth blogiversary last month. With more than 280 WO posts, plus more than 22,000 visits to this little site, you readers give me reason to keep going each week. I can’t say enough how much it means for me to have your support and enduring readership. Here’s to the next year, and beyond!
- Macy’s 90th Thanksgiving Day Parade: I’m super pumped to be back in NYC for another romp in this iconic Thanksgiving Day tradition. The early morning, long hours and chaos are more than worth it to see the smiling faces of thousands lined up for the parade. Look out for Sinclair Oil’s green dinosaur balloon — I’ll be doing my best to hold him down!
- Family Dinner: After the parade, I’ll head to Connecticut to spend time with extended family. My maternal grandpa died in 2014 and his sister, Mary, is his last living sibling. She’s got some of the best stories, and a huge heart, and she’s graciously opened her doors so I can celebrate with her clan. I can’t wait for the craziness to ensue!
- “Hymn for the Weekend” Coldplay f. Beyoncé: You read that right; I’m litchrlly recommending a Coldplay song for your eardrums. Oh, and Queen Bey gets the “featuring” credit, which is potentially a first for her. What better way to celebrate an extra-long weekend — my first in about 10 years? — than with this soothing salute? Everyone enjoy.
Can you believe it? 5 years ago, I started this blog with a few posts in mind… and no idea where to go from there.
Things have changed a lot since then.
For example, I:
- Started Weekly Obsessions, which have now had more than 220 posts
- Picked up & moved from Florida to New York City
- Made blogger connections & started following so many talented writers
- Decided I love moving & relocated again, this time from NYC to San Francisco
- Shared my greatest successes & deepest disappointments
Most importantly, this is all in large part thanks to reader like YOU! I’m consistently reminded through your views, shares, likes & comments that I’m fortunate to have a fantastic support system.
I’ve stumbled along the way, but I’ve grown & learned a lot, too.
From the bottom of my little Witty heart, thank you for being part of the journey. Here’s to many more milestones together!
Just for funsies: What was your favorite Wittyburg post?
This year has brought some of the highest highs and lowest lows of my life, but I can’t quite believe I missed my very own blogiversary (again)!
Thanks to all of you who’ve taken the time to read, Like, comment, share and inspire. You guys put up with a whole lot of crazy, and it means more than my cold heart can express.
And Wikipedia tells me the traditional 3rd anniversary gift is leather, so I expect one of these at my doorstep soon (in Coffee, please). No takers? Weird.
Here, watch some Lionel and reflect on what you’ve done. Looove youuu!
Today is extra special, because it’s a milestone for Weekly Obsessions …
That’s right: This week is the 100th WO here on Wittyburg! I can’t believe this simple idea I had nearly two years ago turned into something that motivates (and frustrates) me so regularly.
Thank you for the support on a weekly basis — it means more to me than words can say. I’m excited and delighted to bring you another hundred more, and I hope you’ll stick around for the ride.
Cheers to being a total geek.
It’s been a hellish few days of crap-tacular catastrophes, but I’m still standing. I know, I’m surprised too. What better way to celebrate than with a Yankee, milestone, bottle of vino and scorned-woman anthem? Let’s get to it:
- Raúl Ibañez: My hero, my muse. Though he struck out last night to end a nail-biter against Detroit, the Yankees wouldn’t even be in the ALDS without him. I still believe in you, champ.
- Blogiversary: I’ve been so wrapped up in the MLB playoffs and FFL and insertacronymhere, I totally missed the 2-year birthday of Wittyburg.com! I’m gonna make a great parent. Thank you, a million times over, for taking part — whether you’re just joining or have been here since day one.
- Mark West Pinot Noir: I couldn’t quite believe I’d never nodded to the best Red of all time,* but I double-checked through my billions of posts.* Smooth, rich and slightly sweet, Mark West has all you need for a perfect boyfriend.
- “You Don’t Own Me”: Thank God for countless replays of “The First Wives Club” on Oxygen, so I could be reminded of SJP’s second-greatest work. The closing scene with Midler, Keaton and Hawn belting this jam gets me every time.
Doesn’t it just make you want to buy a white suit? No? Weird.
*This may be a slight exaggeration.