Let’s kick this week off with some things I’m not obsessed with: packing, logistics, the unknown and Taylor Swift’s new song (especially because she tricked me into liking it). There, I feel much better. Now onto four finds I’m stoked to share:
- Hanukkah: The Festival of Lights kicked off last weekend, so a special shout-out goes to my Jewish friends who partake. Cheers to a blessed holiday celebration – love, your favorite shiksa.
- Tacky Sweaters: Our annual work contest is next week, and my bid on a sweet little number is sure to please. Check out these Hanukkah sweaters too — mazel!
- Jay Z: I’ve recently had more conversations than is appropriate about trying to meet HOVA, Jigga, etc. Here’s hoping he and BK need a babysitter for little Blue Ivy, mwahaha.
- “Ho Hey” – The Lumineers: You’ve heard and fallen in love with this song already, I’m sure. Just catchy enough, with some sweetly simple lyrics to boot.
I don’t know where I belong / I don’t know where I went wrong
It’s the middle of the week again, so here we are … four more obsessions to “Ooh” and “Aah” over:
- someecards: It’s no secret that I love the just-right sayings these cards provide. Something about mixing simple drawings with sarcasm just takes my breath away.
- Suri’s Burn Book: Hollywood’s favorite tot has found her voice, and she’s not afraid to use it. Read her rants on celebs, from royalty to her own mother, and check out her accompanying tweets here.
- Bright Prints: Today is especially gloomy, so I wore my brightest (and only) yellow blouse, and guess what? The day still sucked. At least designs like this keep me distracted from the misery.
- Blue Ivy: The offspring of Jay Z and Beyoncé has arrived, and the Internet is abuzz over this horribly named baby girl. My favorite reaction? Suri’s, of course.
Good luck getting over that hump … I’m planning to make a glass bottle of vino my best friend tonight.