- A Song a Day Kickstarter: My kickass friend Shannon’s daily curated song service needs your help! Check out her Kickstarter campaign — which would help make their extremely manual and tedious process into a more efficient and accurate one. Plus, future collaborations and cool giveaways mean you have nothing to lose!
- These Booties: White girls everywhere are rejoicing fall’s arrival, so why not rock the season’s best booties? SF weather allows for boots year-round, so I can firmly attest to their delivery in comfort and cuteness. Bonus: They come in five fall-friendly colors!
- essie Wicked: Every so often, I have to double-check that I haven’t already covered an obsession before because I just love it so much and am sure I’ve raved about it. Enter this rich and award-winning color from essie, which is sure to get you compliments AND go with any fall outfit you flaunt.
- “Hold My Hand” – Jess Glynne: I can’t seem to find the right adjectives to describe songstress Jess Glynne’s voice, so have a listen and you tell me. I have no doubt she’s going places and “ready for this.” (“This” being superstardom and a record-breaking music career.)
Hey y’all! Notice my little country twang? That’s because I’m headed to NASHVILLE tonight for a dear friend’s bachelorette weekend. I can’t wait to kick up my boots and see what kind of trouble we get into in Music City.
Next week’s obsessions will be more fulfilling — hope you don’t mind listening to this on repeat till then 😉
Fall! October! Orange! Pumpkin! … What is it about this month that makes everyone lose their collective shit? Clearly, I’m not one of those people.* Riiiight.
- MY NIECE!: Yes, this is an all-caps situation. Allison Marie was born last Thursday at 7:56 p.m. Both she and my sister-in-law are doing well, and I can’t wait to see them (and Brother, too) soon!
- These Boots: Even though NYC’s weather isn’t cooperating, every new season requires new shoes. These Bandolino rider boots were 40% off with my discount, so of course I needed them in two colors.
- Leah & Sam’s Wedding: My dear friend celebrates her marriage Saturday, and I’m thrilled to be there for her. We’ll take in the Washington sites (possibly), and eat and drink for days (definitely). Speaking of DC …
- The Government Shutdown: OK, I’m obviously not thrilled to see Congress implode. But Jon Stewart’s rant below is pretty damn entertaining, and Jimmy Kimmel reveals just how clueless so many are. Shocking, I know. Whatever your stance, it can’t be argued: The downward spiral of American politics continues.
Poor quality, but the original one is no longer available.
*Did you count how many of those very things I featured? Amateurs.