Maybe it’s the influx of new parents on my FB stalker feed. Maybe it’s missing my niece something fierce. Maybe it’s just that I have finally found a soft spot for (some) children.
Whatever the reason, here are some little nugs keeping me entertained this week:
- Allison: I’ve been obsessed with my niece for almost a year now — ask any of my friends — but I’m going through serious withdrawals lately. Just look at that faaaace. Do you wanna see 500 more photos? Inquire within.
- The “Apparently Kid”: This viral video features a young gingery boy who has the vernacular of an old-timer. His explanation of riding the super slide is to die for!
- Baby Cries Until You Let Her Rage to Katy Perry: My dear friend shared this video, because it reminded him of Allison. It’s reassuring to know I’ll be a great babysitter if it just takes pop music to make her happy.
- “Dark Horse” – Katy Perry: Well, obviously. I enjoyed the song (quietly) for some time, but I guess I can now make my obsession public. If it means it’ll stop a baby’s wailing, I’m all about it, KP.
I don’t know if it’s those damn Facebook movies or the fact that I thought it was Thursday till just now … but I’m feeling rather nostalgic. This week’s obsessions are all dug from the archives of my brain — enjoy the throwbacks!
- Fantasy by Britney Spears: If you were a teen (or parent of a teen) within the past decade, then YOU KNOW this scent. It hit me like a ton of bricks in the ladies’ room earlier, and I was instantly transported back to choking on it freshman year. Good grief.
- 10 Pictures that Prove Bruno Mars Is Actually Powerline from “A Goofy Movie”: Say that 10 times fast. But seriously, there is no arguing the resemblance.
- “One Fine Day”: George Clooney can do no wrong — naysayers of “Batman & Robin” can suck it. He and Michelle Pfeiffer make the perfect rom-com couple in this ‘90s classic about a terrible day made worse.
- “Slam Dunk (Da Funk)” – Five: My team brainstormed for an upcoming basketball project and all we could think of was this classic jam from middle school birthday parties. Not even ashamed, not even a little bit.
If you must have the full version.
A combination of alcohol, friends visiting and stressful workdays have sucked the life out of me. I’m not necessarily complaining, but I am giving myself an excuse for the blogging rut I’ve been in. I swear (à la All 4 One) that I’ll be back to regular posts very soon. Forgive me, via these four finds?
- 24 Vines that You’ll Watch Over and Over Again: I haven’t gotten into the whole six-second video trend yet, but BuzzFeed compiled this list of greatest hits for us to enjoy. I can’t even handle #13, even after watching it approximately 30 times.
- My Friends Are Married: Most 20-somethings can relate to this tumblr, which pokes fun at all the engaged, married and pregnant people in our single, supposed-to-be-miserable lives. Check out the hilarious — and often truthful — observations.
- The Faux Milania G: Any fan of “Real Housewives of New Jersey” is familiar with Teresa and Joe Giudice’s demon daughter, Milania. Her parody Twitter account is as insane as it is entertaining, especially because plenty of idiots think it’s an actual 7-year-old tweeting.
- “Follow Your Arrow” – Kacey Musgraves: Country newcomer Musgraves made quite the splash with her debut album, Same Trailer Different Park. It is any wonder I’ve had this spicy single on repeat lately?
Follow your arrow wherever it points.
The problem with traveling and experiencing incredible new things each day is that coming back to reality sucks. It’s been a few weeks since Panama and Costa Rica, and plenty of exciting things have happened — but nothing quite as exhilarating as exploring new territory. Lucky for me, I’ve got these to keep my mind occupied elsewhere:
- “Workaholics”: I’m late to the game on this one, but I’ve just started watching this season and am in love. Ders, Blake and my fave — Adam — give Peter, Michael and Samir a run for their money.
- Halls Causamento Contest: Entering a Facebook contest to marry a complete stranger in Vegas sounds like my kinda party. Those wacky Brazilians sure know how to make a statement!
- The Real Way People Clean Their Homes: I’m not the tidiest person around, but this comic makes me feel as close to normal as possible. The bedroom example = story of my life.
- “Ted”: Put the creator of “Family Guy” as an animated teddy bear living together with Marky Mark and Mila Kunis, and what do you get? This summer’s funniest comedy … calling it now. Watch the restricted trailer, but make sure you’ve got headphones.
Till next time, my friends.
You know those days when you just need a good pick-me-up and for everyone else to leave their drama at the door? You may know them as Mondays — and today was no exception.
Enter the following picture, which has kept me smiling since first laying eyes upon it:
I kept it up in my browser all day. Every annoying interaction, every clench of my fists, every roll of my eyes … all deftly swept away after clicking back to this.
Pictures are worth a thousand words and all that, but I’ll stop at a hundo. Is your life changed? Boo-yah!