I somehow survived Celine and Christina and my time in the desert but came back with a wicked cough and nonstop sneezes. Ain’t that how it always is? Enjoy a few days away, come back miserable.
In the absence of things I’m over-the-top excited about this week (no tastebuds will do that to you), here are a few things that have kept me smiling, in no particular order:
Here we are, another Wednesday come and (mostly) gone, and what do I have to show for it?
Y’all, I am beyond tired from what I believe are adult onset allergies, plus the fear of serving jury duty, and a little thing called “work-life balance” going out the window. When meditation isn’t enough, I’m finding furry friends to soothe my soul.
Thankfully, the fine journalists at BuzzFeed (WINK!) have curated plenty of scrollable content to ooh and ahh over.
Some recent fave finds:
- 45 Dog Memes Guaranteed to Put You in a Good Mood
- It’s International Sloth Day So Look at These Slow Precious Babies
- And the seasonally relevant 18 Dogs Who Completely Won Halloween
Now, don’t you feel better? Point me to your favorite posts so I can peep them when I can’t sleep tonight.
Maybe it’s the influx of new parents on my FB stalker feed. Maybe it’s missing my niece something fierce. Maybe it’s just that I have finally found a soft spot for (some) children.
Whatever the reason, here are some little nugs keeping me entertained this week:
- Allison: I’ve been obsessed with my niece for almost a year now — ask any of my friends — but I’m going through serious withdrawals lately. Just look at that faaaace. Do you wanna see 500 more photos? Inquire within.
- The “Apparently Kid”: This viral video features a young gingery boy who has the vernacular of an old-timer. His explanation of riding the super slide is to die for!
- Baby Cries Until You Let Her Rage to Katy Perry: My dear friend shared this video, because it reminded him of Allison. It’s reassuring to know I’ll be a great babysitter if it just takes pop music to make her happy.
- “Dark Horse” – Katy Perry: Well, obviously. I enjoyed the song (quietly) for some time, but I guess I can now make my obsession public. If it means it’ll stop a baby’s wailing, I’m all about it, KP.
I don’t know if it’s those damn Facebook movies or the fact that I thought it was Thursday till just now … but I’m feeling rather nostalgic. This week’s obsessions are all dug from the archives of my brain — enjoy the throwbacks!
- Fantasy by Britney Spears: If you were a teen (or parent of a teen) within the past decade, then YOU KNOW this scent. It hit me like a ton of bricks in the ladies’ room earlier, and I was instantly transported back to choking on it freshman year. Good grief.
- 10 Pictures that Prove Bruno Mars Is Actually Powerline from “A Goofy Movie”: Say that 10 times fast. But seriously, there is no arguing the resemblance.
- “One Fine Day”: George Clooney can do no wrong — naysayers of “Batman & Robin” can suck it. He and Michelle Pfeiffer make the perfect rom-com couple in this ‘90s classic about a terrible day made worse.
- “Slam Dunk (Da Funk)” – Five: My team brainstormed for an upcoming basketball project and all we could think of was this classic jam from middle school birthday parties. Not even ashamed, not even a little bit.
If you must have the full version.
A combination of alcohol, friends visiting and stressful workdays have sucked the life out of me. I’m not necessarily complaining, but I am giving myself an excuse for the blogging rut I’ve been in. I swear (à la All 4 One) that I’ll be back to regular posts very soon. Forgive me, via these four finds?
- 24 Vines that You’ll Watch Over and Over Again: I haven’t gotten into the whole six-second video trend yet, but BuzzFeed compiled this list of greatest hits for us to enjoy. I can’t even handle #13, even after watching it approximately 30 times.
- My Friends Are Married: Most 20-somethings can relate to this tumblr, which pokes fun at all the engaged, married and pregnant people in our single, supposed-to-be-miserable lives. Check out the hilarious — and often truthful — observations.
- The Faux Milania G: Any fan of “Real Housewives of New Jersey” is familiar with Teresa and Joe Giudice’s demon daughter, Milania. Her parody Twitter account is as insane as it is entertaining, especially because plenty of idiots think it’s an actual 7-year-old tweeting.
- “Follow Your Arrow” – Kacey Musgraves: Country newcomer Musgraves made quite the splash with her debut album, Same Trailer Different Park. It is any wonder I’ve had this spicy single on repeat lately?
Follow your arrow wherever it points.