What happens when you’re in the middle of the woods with little to no cell service?
You likely forget your weekly blog post, among other things.
It’s a chilly 62• according to the weather report but my astute observation would register it more at somewhere around 30•.
Between hiking, biking, and busing our way through Yosemite, it’s been a week of nonstop adventure. All I know is, I can’t wait to have seven full uninterrupted nights of sleep in my own bed soon. Ahh, such luxury!
My birthday weekend went much differently than planned, which could be the universe’s way of knocking me on my ass a bit. Whatever the case, I’ve got a few things to keep me smiling through the bumps and bruises.
- Lillian Grace: Despite anxiously awaiting my niece’s arrival, there’s still something so magical about her actually making her entrance into the world. She was born on June 30 at 1:12pm ET, weighing 8lbs and 13 oz, and was 19.5in long. Welcome to our crazy, beautiful family, Lillian! I can’t wait to squish those cheeks and cover you with kisses soon.
- SFMOMA: The iconic SF Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) closed for extensive renovations before I moved here, so to say I was excited for a team outing there is a total understatement. We didn’t even make it through the entire building; there’s so much to explore and enjoy. Highly recommend whether you live in SF or are just passing through.
- Birthday Gifts: After an extra-long weekend, our office was a little sluggish getting back into the swing of things today. But two of my teams surprised me with thoughtful cards, flowers and gifts from SFMoMA, which filled my heart with happiness 🙂 ← Proof
- Sugar Pine Point: As promised, Tahoe was absolutely stunning this weekend. Our campsite was the perfect distance from the outside world, yet we were close enough to the lake that we could kayak and watch fireworks and relax without much prep at all. It’s no wonder the sites sell out on the first day of the season!
Images courtesy of: SIL + Brother, Twitter, Me x2
As of this writing, my sister-in-law will be induced any minute to begin delivery of my second niece… and I can’t contain my excitement! It’s been absolutely incredible seeing my first niece grow and develop over the past two and a half years, and I know she’ll be an amazing big sister. Baby will likely arrive tomorrow, but I’m celebrating now anyway. We won’t quite be birthday twins, but she’ll always be a firecracker in my eyes.
Here’s what else I’m celebrating:
- Anchor Brewing: One of my work teams visited this brewery for a tour last week, and it didn’t disappoint. My fave so far is the Meyer Lemon Lager — perfect for a sultry summer day. Anchor also has a spectacular setup at AT&T Park’s neighbor, The Yard, where you can enjoy craft drafts alongside America’s favorite pastime.
- 4th of July: Speaking of ‘Merica, it’s only fitting that we start celebrating its birthday (and mine) early. The US of A is turning 240, after all. I’ll be camping in Tahoe with my boyfriend and a group of great friends, but no matter what you’re up to, keep it classy and stay safe!
- A Wireless Weekend: And now, speaking of Tahoe, I’m pretty pumped to go off the grid for a few days. My cell reception will be spotty, which is just what I need for a bit of rest and relaxation. As long as my niece arrives before then, I’m OK with missing birthday notifications on my actual birthday.
- Miley Cyrus – “Party in the USA”: I know, I hate me too. But what better way to get the people going than with such poetic prose as “Noddin’ my head like yeah / Movin’ my hips like yeah”? It’s cheesy and awful but the perfect party earworm for Lady Liberty (plus, a hefty payday for Jessie J).