I haven’t felt as emotional about living in New York as I have today, the 12th anniversary of our nation’s deadliest terrorist attacks. The city that never sleeps is a little bit somber, but it’s also stronger. If you haven’t already, thank the servicemen and women in your life for their continued support. And with that, here’s what else I’m celebrating:
- These Guys’ Birthdays: It’s my godfather’s birthday, as well as my good friend Charlie’s. They’re some of my favorite fellas, and I’m so glad they’ve kept me around for years. Cheers, boys!
- Lazzara’s: Pizza There’s no better way to honor New York than with an authentic slice, and Lazzara’s is a new fave for just that. Their daily specials are great, and a half-size pie is perfect for a hearty lunch treat.
- 9/11 Memorial: My college bestie and I visited when she was here for Labor Day, and it was such a heavy experience (in a good way). The stories and perspective it offers are invaluable — I think it should be on every American’s bucket list. Visit the site for more info and how you can donate.
- “The Final Countdown” – Europe: We’re in the final weeks of waiting for my niece to arrive, so naturally, this anthem has played in my head on repeat. Fun fact: I sent my company’s entire NY office the below gif in an email … on purpose.
WO has a new look ’round here, you may have noticed. The reason for this redesign? It’s WITTYBURG’s 1ST BIRTHDAY! Hard to believe that I started this a year ago, with just an idea and a penchant for sarcasm. Many thanks to all of you who’ve supported me this past year … and here’s to many more!
- “New Girl”: My girl crush on Zooey Deschanel continues. Just reading her character’s rental application had me in stitches.
- Celebrations: I think a blogiversary™ is a damn good reason to say way-hooo! Plus, this song has been in my head for a week, thanks to co-workers. Jerks.
- Breast Cancer Awareness: October is in full swing, so all you ladies should be checking your ta-tas. Think Pink, girls!
- Funfetti Cake Batter Fudge: I love to bake, and this Freshly Pressed fudge recipe’s classic cake-batter flavor is enough motivation for me to whip up a batch.
Poppin’ bottles tonight to commemorate the big … 1. Only God and CathyMay15 can judge me.