I’m tired and cranky … probably because I’ve been working so hard at forcing puns and relating sitcoms to everyday life. It’s a tough job, but I’m super qualified for it.
- Praying for Boston: What happened Monday was unthinkable. The world has responded with support as the families and citizens of Boston mourn. The Red Cross is also accepting donations if you’d like to give.
- Ferrero Rocher Raffaello: I’ve never been a huge fan of coconut, but my co-worker offered these little gems (as a coping mechanism, I’m sure) and I am in love. Careful: You won’t be able to eat just one.
- The Perfect Accent Rug: The apartment still needs decor touches here and there, most notably, an accent rug for my room. Enter Threshold for Target — a steal at $11 and works for every season.
- “Swagger Jagger” – Cher Lloyd: Something about this stupid song gets stuck in my head for days and just won’t quit. The singing cow commercial may or may not be to blame.
Well, well, well. It’s Wednesday, it’s raining and I worked late tonight. Anyone else feel like they’re living Groundhog Day over and over again? Anyone? Bueller? I give up.
- First Day of Summer: You wouldn’t know it from today’s weather, but it’s officially SUMMER! Whoo. In Florida, that means it’ll be 100°-plus, instead of the usual mid-90s. Yippee!
- Summer Shandy: Nothing refreshes quite like a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. Weiss beer and lemonade come together for a perfect light and crisp beer to beat the heat.
- Pink Chiffon: It’s too hot to wear my typical perfume … it just feels heavy and suffocating. Enter Pink Chiffon, a B&BW staple that’s light, fresh and a smidge girly. Lovely!
- “Want U Back” – Cher Lloyd f. Astro: I normally don’t support any song with “U” in it (my generation is so dumb), but this song just kills me. Just another silly tune to get lost in while driving.
And there you have it — could be the National Martini Day hangover, but I’m sure glad we made it through together.