I write today still recovering from the past weekend’s shenanigans and prepping for what’s coming in the days ahead. So just bear with me:
- Tinder: Well, duh. Even though I’ve already mastered it — and the game aspect isn’t all that exciting anymore — I still have to applaud its creators for appealing to millions of ADD millenials.
- “Chrisley Knows Best”: I was intrigued by the previews for this new show with its patriarch retorting to one child that he’s “been there, done that and got the T-shirt, son, and you’re just doing reruns.” Trust me, it doesn’t disappoint. Catch new episodes Tuesdays at 10 EST on USA.
- Magz Coming to Visit: My one and only, favorite momma is spending a week with me starting tomorrow! I can hardly contain my excitement to show her how grown up I am.
- Christopher Walken Dance Now: I’m told this video went viral yesterday (a year in Internet land), but I discovered it today so LISTEN UP. Umm, it’s a mash-up of Christopher Walken dancing. Not much else to say.
Read any Facebook feed lately, and it’s obvious: Weather is insane. My fingers are still defrosting from my walk THIS MORNING, and that doesn’t even compare to the insanity Atlanta folks are facing. Some distractions, while y’all thaw out:
- Devon & Blakely: With so many visitors and tourist-trap spots near my office, lunch is always a challenge. But this place has inexpensive salads and sandwiches made to order, plus premade soups. And the cornbread? I’ve been dreaming about it for days.
- Super Bowl Blvd.: Thousands are expected to check out this 13-block stretch of mayhem (again, right outside my office). The saving grace, though, is the 60-ft. toboggan slide … teambuilding has never looked so fun before!
- Fluff ‘n Fold: Let’s be real: I’ve never enjoyed doing laundry. But now that I have to leave my building to do it, well, I just don’t. Instead, I use a super-handy service that cost $25 to do literally a month (20 lbs.!) of clothes. With free pick-up and delivery, how can I resist?
- Christopher Walken Reads The Three Little Pigs: It may be hard for some to imagine, but Christopher Walken was a comedic genius long before “More Cowbell.” Proof is in the piggies, with this uncovered gem from the ’70s. Arrivederci!
And, be sure to follow @Macys on Facebook and Twitter — I may or may not be writing social media for the big game 🙂