It could be the nonstop rain (I know we need it but damn I miss the sun!) or it could be that I haven’t made any exciting long-weekend plans or it could be that I’m just irritable but I don’t have four things to celebrate today. Instead, here are four things I’m decidedly NOT into:
- The Shutdown: This one’s a gimme, but I still felt it necessary to include. Thankfully, furloughed workers will now receive back-pay (eventually), but this historic failure further underscores how useless it is to put party above people. And logic. And reason. Note: The 🚫 in the photo and the 🚫 in the overlay ≠ a double negative here. Just let me have this.
- 10-Year/Aging Challenge: I don’t have a conspiracy theory, but rather an annoyance for lack of imagination and authenticity. Some people, like Zuck, sure do look exactly as they did in 2008/2009. But most posts I’m seeing are Facetuned, filtered and fake AF. It kinda defeats the point… and since my first FB profile photo is from 2005 I can’t even properly participate in the 10-Year or OG #HowHardDidAgingHitYouChallenge ← also one of the worst hashtags ever.
- Terror in Kenya: As news of yesterday’s attack in Nairobi made its way to my little life, I couldn’t help but hold my breath and pray fiercely. Having just spent 11 days in Kenya, and three of them in Nairobi, I couldn’t imagine the beautiful and thriving metropolis under fire. I don’t need a soapbox to tell you how senseless terrorism is, but this one really struck me as a heartbreaking and horrific event.
- Baby Shark: Parents everywhere should be nodding their head in agreement and also maybe hating me for putting this back in their heads. With 53 million+ views, this viral tune is likely playing in approximately 5 million households at any time. On repeat. And while my nieces are obviously adorable and can do no wrong, I wouldn’t mind going a year or 10 without hearing this one again.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- Pro tip: Don’t catch up with friends who still live in NYC. They’ll just inform you of all the places you loved that closed 😭 1 day ago
- High in the halls of the kings who are gone| WO: Weekly Obsessions wittyburg.com/2019/04/24/wo-… https://t.co/7pyzm457WM 1 day ago
- The 16th week of 2019 taught me not to bother moving unless I want a 24/7 sanity test & patience pusher 3 days ago