I’ve officially rejoined society and this millennium with working Internet—finally! Go ahead and crack open a beer — it’s only fitting with this week’s theme:
- College Football Is Back: My team is off to a 1-0 start, so here’s hoping we don’t F it up against Maryland this weekend! S-O-U-T-H, F-L-O-R-I-D-A, South Florida, South Florida, Gooooo Bulls! (Never said we were particularly creative.)
- Pro Football Is Back: Tomorrow begins the most wonderful time of the year — the pro football season! I’ve been dreaming of pigs in a blanket and cheese dip and soft pretzels since February … because clearly, it’s all about the food.
- Fantasy Football Is Back: I’m making up for lost time last season and in two leagues this year. (Plus a pick ‘em pool, but who’s counting?) Obsessing over individual players for the next 4 months will definitely not annoy my friends. Not one bit.
- FOOTBALL.: Didja hear? Like a kid on Christmas, I will be that incessant chatterbox and fill up on candy (or beer) to the point of explosion. You’ve been warned.
It’s safe to say my week has been a challenging one. And while I mourn the last of my Summer Fridays, the coming weekend brings my college bestie to the big city and I. CAN’T. WAIT. Until she arrives, here’s what’s keeping me happy:
- Beck Bennett: This year’s favorite spokesperson was just cast for the upcoming season of SNL, and I couldn’t be happier. Here’s hoping he’ll be a standout, along with his Good Neighbor comedy partners, Kyle Mooney and Dave McCreary.
- National Bow Tie Day: I fully support this totally-not-made-up holiday, simply because a bow tie should be celebrated. From Huckleberry Hound to Pee Wee Herman himself, the bow tie is a thing of beauty.
- College Football: It’s the most wonderful time of the yeeear! I can’t wait to celebrate the return of my USF Bulls to the gridiron. Wear your college colors Friday and vote for Rocky in the Capital One mascot contest — because I said so.
- “Royals” – Lorde: Blame it on Pandora. I can’t get this song out of my head, in large part to it being thumbs-upped and me listening to music 50+ hours/week. Excuses aside, I think you’ll love it too.