Do you remember, as kids, how your siblings or friends would annoy you and you’d plug your ears and shout repeatedly, “I’m not listening!” That’s kind of the approach I’m taking over the next week or so. Also, BuzzFeed’s Election Survival Guide. Also, wine.
I swear, it has only a smidge to do with my desire for both teams to lose in Game 7 of the World Series tonight. #BitterPartyOfOne
- “This Is Us”: You hear me say it often, because it’s true: I didn’t need another show to fall in love with, but goshdangit, I couldn’t resist when so many people in my networks were raving about it. You can still catch up on demand, and despite the apparent love/hate for Mandy Moore as an actress, I think you’ll enjoy. It’s funny, sad, thought-provoking and so much more.
- Decision 2016: If you haven’t already voted — like me, because there are 42 propositions between SF and California — then you know full well it’s crunch time! I rarely get political in public, but I think this someecard sums it up perfectly. No debate needed, since everyone (even Ken Bone, I imagine) is sticking to their choice. Just make sure you do it!
- #NoDAPL: If you haven’t been following the Dakota Access Pipeline conversation, then you may have just started noticing it with this week’s viral check-ins. Aside from raising awareness, you can stand with Standing Rock using one of these ideas. From PayPal to donation drives, there are plenty of options for you to help out.
- “Diggy” – Spencer Ludwig: Got the song from the Target Vibes campaigns stuck in your head endlessly? You’re not alone. Although I have no idea why a woman is on a treadmill in platform heels, I’m otherwise enthralled with this earworm’s incentive to get up and dance. If ever there was a song to emulate “vibes,” this is it. Check out the extended commercial below, or click the image credits for Ludwig’s full song.
It’s only fitting that I focus this week on the Winter Olympics in Sochi. Don’t even think about questioning me on it, because I’m super exhausted and at my wit’s end. You’ve been warned.
- The Bilodeau Brothers: Moguls skier Alex Bilodeau dedicated his recent gold-medal win to his brother, Frederic, who was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy as a kid. Good luck reading this without bawling like a baby.
- Shaun White’s Hair: Can we all just collectively take a minute to appreciate The Flying Tomato’s decision to look like an adult? He may not have won gold, but he sure won my heart. He should still lose that earring, though.
- Team USA Mittens: These were the so-called culprits behind JCPenney’s ridiculous Super Bowl tweets, but I still want a pair. Who knows? Maybe it’ll convince my generation to GET OFF THEIR PHONES for once.
- “Purple Haze” – Jimi Hendrix: Each Olympics brings an earworm that you just hear over and over for three weeks straight. This is Sochi’s — and it’s not entirely NBC’s fault! Thanks for nothing, Cititbank, with this obnoxious commercial.