As the first quarter of 2016 comes to a close, I can’t quite believe how much has happened. From weddings to babies, a Presidential circus and more, I’m eager — and a little terrified — of what the rest of 2016 will bring. Buckle up, folks:
- A Burrito Baby: Comedians and friends MK and Ella are doing their part to “keep Austin weird.” They recently released a gorgeous series of faux pregnancy photos, entitled “Burrito Makes Three.” Let’s be real, though: There are plenty of couples I could see doing this and being 100% serious.
- Lilica’s Puppies: Speaking of fun photo shoots, you may have heard about the maternity photo shoot for a dog — which was just about as cute as can be. Well, Lilica the dachshund had her puppies the very next day and now an all-new shoot was published with her FIVE adorable babes. All the feels and squeals.
- Wentworth Miller Speaks Out: Mental health is often a hush-hush topic, but the “Prison Break” star penned a post that’s making people talk. His response to a meme poking fun at his weight has been shared more than 200K times in two days, expressing his past struggles and present attention to assign meaning. Grab the tissues and read it for yourself here.
- Muir Beach Trail: One of my work teams completed this 5-mile trail hike on Friday, and let me tell you: It wasn’t easy, but it was worth it. Sweeping views of the Pacific, gorgeous scenery and an uphill trek that my phone logged as SIXTY-TWO stories… not a bad Good Friday at all, folks.
Despite being a spoiled brat yesterday, I managed to find four things I like this week. Typical woman … can’t make up her mind. Guys, am I right?
- Nails for Charity: My company supports Bag Hunger year-round, with a huge push in March via raffles, artwork and more. So late last week, I enjoyed a lovely mani from a co-worker and have walked on the wild side ever since.
- Opening Day: OF COURSE my bracket was destroyed the first night of March Madness. Thank gah MLB is back so I have something to root for. Got an awesome tank on its way to me too!
- Iso in Slo Mo: This YouTube channel features an incredibly cute dachshund doing dachshund things and playing dachshund games — all in slow motion. Just try to keep your squeals contained.
- “You Don’t Know Me” – Ben Folds f. Regina Spektor: Featured in one of Iso’s adorable videos is this little ditty. Check out the slow-motion version below, or see the official video here … only one (I think) NSFW word.
I bet you’re squealing already.