Since I’m officially a senior citizen and enjoy discussing the weather at great length, I thought you should know that my KNEECAPS were sweating yesterday. Sunshine is finally upon us in the city, and I couldn’t be happier to show up at work with soaked knees and a flushed face.
Lovely visuals, huh? Let’s get some nicer ones in your mind:
- “Game of Thrones”: I know, I know. I’m way behind on this one, because my stubborn inner voice said I’d never enjoy such an unbelievable show. Well, I’m hooked. Just seven episodes in, I plan to binge-watch all weekend.
- Warmer Weather: Isn’t it obvious? I can finally put away my sweaters and pants, and trade them for tank tops and flip-flops! My summer wardrobe is ON POINT (thanks to decades in Florida), so I’m sure my office is also thankful to see my oatmeal sweaters retire.
- 230 Fifth: The rooftop space of this swanky hotel and lounge was perfect for a summer concert. Their service wasn’t great, but the views and atmosphere more than made up for it.
- Platinum Album – Miranda Lambert: That summer concert I just attended? It was for the Queen of Country, whose latest album I’ve had on repeat since yesterday’s release. “Platinum,” “Priscilla” and “Somethin’ Bad” are my top tunes so far.
Between working late at my day job and being buried by freelance, this girl is fried. Keeping this week’s lovelies simple for your sake — and mine:
- “The Hunger Games”: I saw the movie Sunday and really enjoyed it. I’ll never be a crazy-obsessed fangirl, but I can appreciate any movie that keeps my pulse racing.
- ‘90s Music Choice: Anyone who follows me on FB knows I adore this channel — from TLC to Savage Garden, it’s got it all. Here’s a good sample, in case you don’t get the station.
- Graceland: My trip to Memphis was capped off with a visit to the historic Elvis mansion. Gaudy, tacky and oh-so-‘70s, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- A Wittyburg Necklace: The name-plate trend comes full circle with these gorgeous custom Twitter name-plate necklaces. My birthday is months away, but I’ll take one anytime. 🙂
Hope everyone’s having a great week … and may the odds be ever in your favor.