- A Song a Day Kickstarter: My kickass friend Shannon’s daily curated song service needs your help! Check out her Kickstarter campaign — which would help make their extremely manual and tedious process into a more efficient and accurate one. Plus, future collaborations and cool giveaways mean you have nothing to lose!
- These Booties: White girls everywhere are rejoicing fall’s arrival, so why not rock the season’s best booties? SF weather allows for boots year-round, so I can firmly attest to their delivery in comfort and cuteness. Bonus: They come in five fall-friendly colors!
- essie Wicked: Every so often, I have to double-check that I haven’t already covered an obsession before because I just love it so much and am sure I’ve raved about it. Enter this rich and award-winning color from essie, which is sure to get you compliments AND go with any fall outfit you flaunt.
- “Hold My Hand” – Jess Glynne: I can’t seem to find the right adjectives to describe songstress Jess Glynne’s voice, so have a listen and you tell me. I have no doubt she’s going places and “ready for this.” (“This” being superstardom and a record-breaking music career.)
Have you heard? According to endless social posts, Florida is flooded and California is thirsty. Oh, and New York is suffocating. Gotta love August in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
- Tab: How many times have you been out to eat with friends and struggled to split the bill? This handy app solves the pain point by allowing you to upload a photo of your receipt, split checks quickly and even calculate each person’s tip!
- essie Lilacism: Fun fact: I have about six essie polishes in pale purple, but I promise you that this one is the best. No matter the season, my mani is always complimented when rocking this shade.
- Trello: I’m going to totally geek out on you guys and gush about this collaborative organization tool. We use it at work to corral ideas and concepts together, but it could be used for brides, event planning, groceries … you name it!
- “Cheerleader” – OMI: I really, really, really didn’t want to like this song. But after a week of ear sabotage from Florida radio stations — including my Spotify mix — I can’t resist it any longer.
I’m fresh off a long weekend away in Maryland and anxiously awaiting the start of SUMMER FRIDAYS and another long weekend in Florida. Jealous much? It’s OK … I kinda hate me, too.
- Ocean City, Md.: My first visit to this adorable beachside town was instantly relaxing. I felt like I was back at home in Daytona, and the company was pretty great 🙂
- essie Lapiz of Luxury: My obsession with essie nail polish is nothing new, but this color is the absolute perfect blend of pale purple and bold blue. I can’t stop staring at my digits. Totally normal!
- The Guys from “Undateable”: I wasn’t particularly interested in this NBC sitcom that premieres next week, but I saw the natural rapport between actor/comedians Brent, Rick and Ron — and now I’m actually looking forward to it!
- Jon Stewart Hates Philly: One of many reasons I adore Jon Stewart? His rants. Check out his takedown (starting at 4:10 in) of Phillies’ manager, Ryne Sandberg, who claimed he got food poisoning from NY treasure, Shake Shack. #owned
It’s raining, it’s pouring … and I’d much rather be snoring. Since it’s not socially acceptable to go to bed at 7 p.m., let’s pass the time with these:
- Mean Girls Day: Wanna feel old? “Mean Girls” came out 10 years ago today. Fitting, since newsfeeds were clogged with “On Wednesdays, we wear pink.” I didn’t even know about the “holiday” yet and quoted it earlier … just shows it stands the test of time.
- Chooka Rain Boots: The nonstop NYC rain provides a unique challenge when you don’t realize your shoes have holes in their soles. Luckily, I was able to run down to Macy’s and grab a pair of these cute and comfy wellies (in pink)!
- essie Sand Tropez: I love discovering new nail-color faves, and my cubemate got me hooked on this subtle shade. Best of all, chips are barely noticeable!
- Emma Stone Dominates Lip Sync: Is there anything my girl crush can’t do? She absolutely killed it on “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon” and made me just want to be her even more.
- Foley’s: I met a friend for drinks at this Midtown spot recently and loved the whole atmosphere. Dwight Gooden happened to be signing autographs, but the drink specials, food and memorabilia will keep me coming back.
- #whatshouldwecallme: OK, this tumblr has to be in my top five all-time. The gifs so perfectly capture everyday situations. My friends send these out regularly, and I highly encourage you to do the same.
- essie Ballet Slippers: I’ve been in a nail color rut lately and needed something spectacular for my weekly self-manicure. Enough pizazz to get noticed, but enough polish for the office — no wonder it’s a bestseller.
- Miss USA 2013: Sunday’s annual pageant did not disappoint — from Utah’s interview response (video below) to Alabama repping my sorority beautifully and Connecticut’s heartfelt victory lap. My only question: Why was a JoBro co-hosting?
It’s Thanksgiving Eve, and I couldn’t be more excited for a long weekend to spend time with the family. Although Brother and Sister-in-Law are off enjoying their honeymoon, we’ll be raising a glass in their absence. And, I’ll raise four more to these lovelies:
- Oh Happy Day!: This party and lifestyle blog is simple, sweet and just a little bit off. There’s no shortage of inspiration, and the adorable DIYs remind me of my dear friend April (Hi, lady!).
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade: The iconic Turkey Day tradition kicks off tomorrow at 9 a.m. EST, and I’m especially anxious to see Snoopy. OK, Garfield too. Bring on the balloons!
- essie + BaubleBar: What do you get when you combine awesome nail polish and three pieces of fabulous jewelry? This dangerous promotion – plus, get $10 off when you sign up for BaubleBar!
- “Thanksgiving Song”: I’ve heard it a hundred times, but it never gets old. Adam Sandler’s goofy Thanksgiving serenade is a must this time of year.
Gobble till you wobble, folks. And have a happy Thanksgiving holiday 🙂