I’m back on the west coast / best coast after an incredible week in New York. To say I’m exhausted is an understatement — but it’s always worth it to see some of my favorite people in the whole wide world.
- A Song A Day Indiegogo: You may recall my recent request for donations to my friend Shannon’s brainchild. She didn’t quite meet her Kickstarter goal, but the project is now on Indiegogo and could still use your help! If Brit + Co. is writing about it, you know it must be good 😉
- Dr. Scholl’s Tri-Comfort Orthotics: At the risk of sounding like a complete grandma, just hear me out. These little inserts are the perfect companions to any high-heeled shoe — thin enough to fit comfortably, but with the support you need for a long day (or night).
- Morrocanoil Treatment: Speaking of lifesavers, there’s a reason stylists and regular folk alike go apeshit for this stuff — just a few drops on damp or dry hair can seriously transform your tresses! I’ve been using it for a few months and love its silky, smooth effects. Best of all, the musky scent is magnetic.
- “Fantasy” – Mariah Carey f. ODB: It may not be Thursday (hear that, stupid brain!), but this throwback is always in style. It got the people going at my friend’s wedding last weekend, and I’ve had it on repeat ever since. Just remember to fast forward past the creepy clown!
I don’t know if it’s those damn Facebook movies or the fact that I thought it was Thursday till just now … but I’m feeling rather nostalgic. This week’s obsessions are all dug from the archives of my brain — enjoy the throwbacks!
- Fantasy by Britney Spears: If you were a teen (or parent of a teen) within the past decade, then YOU KNOW this scent. It hit me like a ton of bricks in the ladies’ room earlier, and I was instantly transported back to choking on it freshman year. Good grief.
- 10 Pictures that Prove Bruno Mars Is Actually Powerline from “A Goofy Movie”: Say that 10 times fast. But seriously, there is no arguing the resemblance.
- “One Fine Day”: George Clooney can do no wrong — naysayers of “Batman & Robin” can suck it. He and Michelle Pfeiffer make the perfect rom-com couple in this ‘90s classic about a terrible day made worse.
- “Slam Dunk (Da Funk)” – Five: My team brainstormed for an upcoming basketball project and all we could think of was this classic jam from middle school birthday parties. Not even ashamed, not even a little bit.
If you must have the full version.