Is Daylight Saving Time kicking anyone else’s butt? I love how long it’s light out at night — don’t get me wrong. But every morning this week, I’ve woken up to my alarm in disbelief at the time. Le sigh. Here’s what’s getting me through:
- “The Bachelor” Finale: I managed to stay off social media for 24 hours to avoid spoilers and watched the season finale with a friend last night. I’m not happy with Ben’s choice, but I’m glad that it allowed his runner-up to be the next Bachelorette! I’ll be tuning in when it premieres this May.
- Cocktails for Candidates: I’m pretty sure everyone could use a nice, stiff drink with the circus that is this year’s Presidential election. Lucky for us, a bar in Austin has just the fix: candidate-themed cocktails. Cheers to The Townsend for this creative twist on political parties.
- St. Patrick’s Day: Get your green gear ready for tomorrow’s annual ode to the Irish. Whether you’re downing pints of Guinness or keeping it low-key with whisky 😉 , here’s hoping you have a safe and happy celebration.
- “Cake by the Ocean” – DNCE: I can’t seem to get away from this earworm, so I might as well embrace it. The high-pitched vocals don’t pain me as much as Adam Levine’s “singing,” and the hook will get your body moving. Now, what exactly does it all mean?
It’s been a tough week, you guys. I had the best time with Magz visiting, but she went home right before a good friend of mine here moved back to Florida herself. Couple that with the true New York experience of someone dying in my building, and all I can say is: Next week has to be better.
- Homejoy: I was thrilled to use a Groupon for this cleaning service before my mom’s visit. Sure, my place was clean — but nowhere near “mom clean.” I didn’t particularly love the woman assigned, but there are literally thousands of certified employees to work with in the future.
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finale: SPOILER ALERT! I hadn’t watched much of the last 2 seasons, but knew I had to watch Monday’s finale. I was underwhelmed (not just whelmed) and thought it was a total cop-out. DISCUSS.
- Bowling with the Bulls: My alumni group is hosting a bowling event tomorrow night at Bowlmor Union Square. All are welcome to help us celebrate the 2013 grads who’ve moved to NYC — check it out!
- “The Mother We Share” – Chvrches: A co-worker reminded me of this eclectic jam via one of his many applauded playlists. Makes it easy to zone out and forget about anything going on outside my own little bubble.