Some family news had me all shook up last weekend, and I’ve been a bit melancholy since. Pensive, of course … I just don’t want it to turn into a permanent state. These four guys have helped me to get out of my own head a little bit and just relax.
- Llama Tasered in … Florida: Of course, Floriduh. My home state is notorious for breeding its own special brand of crazy, and this story is no exception. A co-worker legit sent it to me because “the headline reminded [her] of [me].”
- Ben & Jerry’s Late Night Snack: You already know a date night with these two main men is pretty wonderful. But this edition, inspired by Jimmy Fallon, is my absolute can’t-live-without. Salty, sweet and swirly.
- Prancercise!: I heard rumblings of this video last week but finally watched it Monday. And while exercise really is good for you to de-stress, I much prefer laughing till my sides hurt. Her rhyming instructions seal the deal.
- “The Girl” – City and Colour: Music will forever have healing properties for me, and this ditty is a recent fave. Starts slow, hits the hook and captures a relationship so magically.
Enjoy two scoops of YouTube, no extra charge!
Let’s kick off 2012’s WOs with a full-fledged dose of A.D.D., shall we?
- Cereal with a Fork: This comic blog was recently Freshly Pressed, drawing attention from me and a thousand others. Smart, with just the right amount of snark, it covers everything from relationships to pop culture.
- Double Dream Feet: Much better than the original (Double Dream Hands), this YouTube gem still has me laughing, months after first seeing it. Wipe like “safe” … rubber legs!
- 52 Examples Why Florida Is Still the Craziest State: If you ever doubt the pure insanity our dear Sunshine State has to offer, here are 52 reminders. Bonus points: My OG hometown (Port St. Lucie) is reppin’ it hard. Should have trademarked “Floriduh” when I had the chance!
- 20 New Year’s Resolutions for 20-Somethings: If you can’t imagine life without the Kardashians, or you contemplate in Twitter (140-character-or-less thoughts), or if you just need a good laugh — check out these resolutions. Perfectly imperfect, just like your 20s should be.
Now, step kick out to the side — as high as you want to … jazz hands!