Happy New Year! At what point is it no longer a “new year”? I hadn’t officially said it to you all … but isn’t it a little late to be wishing you well? Can you ever have enough well wishes? These are the things running through my mind at odd hours in the night. And here’s what else I can’t stop thinking about:
- Photo Doggies for Anthony: Have you seen a ton of cute pet pics all over your FB feed? This viral event has more than a million people supporting a young boy’s desire to see doggy photos between his leukemia treatments. The power of social media can be used for good! Who knew?
- Florida Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage: In other breaking news, Florida is finally on the front page for something positive! As of yesterday, the sunshine state has lifted its ban on same-sex marriage — and millions can rejoice in the legal recognition that love is love.
- Kurios: Cirque du Soleil: I had the pleasure of enjoying my first-ever Cirque show last night with this new-to-the-U.S. production. Breathtaking, dazzling, simply stunning … there aren’t enough amazing adjectives to describe what we saw.
- “Uptown Funk” –Mark Ronson f. Bruno Mars: I can’t think of a song in recent history that gets people moving as much as this one. It’s so incredibly catchy, with a crazy hook and contagious lyrics. Here’s hoping this dream duo continue to collaborate!
The holiday season has been all hustle and bustle, so it’s been really nice to spend the last few days catching up with family and honoring our traditions.
From celebrating family mass to opening just one present (our ornaments), it’s these small comforts from home that fill my heart and make me so happy to be surrounded by loved ones.
Wishing you and yours a blessed holiday season, and hope you’re able to spend time with those you hold dear!
I have to keep this week’s obsessions rather short and sweet — because I’m on vacation and refuse to spend any more time online than necessary.
- (and 2, 3 and 4) FLORIDA LOVE: I’m in Florida for a dear friend’s wedding, and the festivities begin with tonight’s Bachelorette Party. Tomorrow, we’ll lounge by the pool, and then Friday will be the big day! I couldn’t be more excited to celebrate Jamie and Chris, and I’ll get some QT in with the family. Win-win-win.
Since I’m kinda leaving you guys hanging, here’s one of my favorite songs that always reminds me of home. Enjoy 🙂
It’s time for the next installment of this series, wherein I complain about first world problems — AKA things I should be grateful I have access to but annoy me anyway.
Today’s topic: Fantasy Football.
You may recall my announcement last year, just before Team Honey Boo Boo careened off the tracks into a fury of fantasy football failure.
I have an even bigger problem this year, though. I don’t have a league.
It’s been brought to my attention that my former commish is not interested in taking money from people who no longer live in Florida.
Excuse me — rather, he’s only allowing ONE person from out of state to play and the rest of us are left leagueless.
I know what a pain it is to have people Skype in and draft.
I get it. Really, I do.
Prove it, you say?
Because I sat through it last year for ONE person.
My issue is: If they’re letting that same ONE person draft from afar, then what’s the big deal with having a few more do it? Hell, put my team on Autodraft (it’ll probably be better for us all that way).
But don’t take it away for people who pay up (on time, mind you) each season.
Apparently, leaving Floriduh is FROWNED UPON IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT!*
*The .gif I wanted to create from this video refuses to load. Double whammy.